Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Best schools for expat children in Alicante areas

Best schools for expat children in Alicante areas

Old Jun 18th 2015, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Saljp1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Best schools for expat children in Alicante areas

Hi, just wondering if anybody could give me any advice tips on schools? Private/state Spanish/English etc.
My children are 7 and 3, looking to move to Spain within 12 months.
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old Jun 19th 2015, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

tony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Best schools for expat children in Alicante areas

Hi our kids were a similar age when we made the move 12 years ago

We put them through the state schooling system , they picked up Spanish fast and now have all Spanish friends

We are just inland of Alicante city

One thing to remember is quite a lot of state school in the area have some lessons in Valenciano , and it is also taught as a language along with Spanish and English

Cheers Tony Agost Alicante
Old Jun 19th 2015, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Best schools for expat children in Alicante areas

Thanks for the reply Tony.
Just a quick one... We're wondering how do they settle in? Do they have a translator at first or is it just the deep end? And do you have any idea of the bust state school to use? We are looking at the la nucia area? Thanks
Old Jun 19th 2015, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saljp1
Just a quick one... We're wondering how do they settle in? Do they have a translator at first or is it just the deep end? And do you have any idea of the bust state school to use? We are looking at the la nucia area? Thanks
A translator?

Not a focus for Spanish government spending at the moment

How well do you speak Spanish? That often signifies how well children will do at school
Old Jun 19th 2015, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

tony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Saljp1
Hi ,

It was a case of in at the deep end , no other English speaking kids at their school , and only one English speaking teacher

It was heat breaking for us , but they soon adapted and are now more Spanish than English ,

Not sure about La Nucia , but it is quite near Benidorm so I guess there may be some other English speaking kids at the school ?

We live in very Spanish area so probably quite different

Cheers Tony
Old Jun 19th 2015, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Thanks tony,,,,
I'm really worrying about them fitting in!!! I know everything else will fall into place,, it's just school at the moment, they don't speak any Spanish!!! Only the basics what they've picked up on holiday , hopefully it will work out ,
Thanks for your information, really appreciated, � ����
Old Jun 20th 2015, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Yes it is a worry I remember the feeling well ,

I have personally found Spain a great place to bring up my kids , they seem to have more time to enjoy their child hood ,

Our kids had no Spanish , but now they speak as the natives do , we are the ones who struggle ( me and my wife ) with the language

Good luck with the move !

Cheers Tony
Old Jun 20th 2015, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Thanks � ����