Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Best birthday present ever....

Best birthday present ever....

Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:22 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best birthday present ever....

This thread has been inspired by The Oddities thread about crappy presents.

I don´t know about you but I find buying a decent present is really difficult to do, especially for guys.

Annies´s brother turns 40 later this year and we want to do something really cool for his 40th. We´ve been thinking about it since the beginning of the year almost and inspiration is totally lacking.

So is there such a thing as a good present? and if so, what is it????

BTW, all manner of "practical" DIY type gifts are off the cards and so is a "surprise" party. We were kind of thinking of trying to get something that could represent each of the four decades of his life or something like that.....

I remember my mother turning 40 and waking up to 40 balloons in her bedroom....she had to pop them all and a one pound note fell out of each one. Nice idea, but with the demise of the one pound note it would be a bit expensive to do that now!!!

So come on, tell us what to buy!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best birthday present ever....

Originally Posted by keithwalters
This thread has been inspired by The Oddities thread about crappy presents.

I don´t know about you but I find buying a decent present is really difficult to do, especially for guys.

Annies´s brother turns 40 later this year and we want to do something really cool for his 40th. We´ve been thinking about it since the beginning of the year almost and inspiration is totally lacking.

So is there such a thing as a good present? and if so, what is it????

BTW, all manner of "practical" DIY type gifts are off the cards and so is a "surprise" party. We were kind of thinking of trying to get something that could represent each of the four decades of his life or something like that.....

I remember my mother turning 40 and waking up to 40 balloons in her bedroom....she had to pop them all and a one pound note fell out of each one. Nice idea, but with the demise of the one pound note it would be a bit expensive to do that now!!!

So come on, tell us what to buy!
what abuot something totally different ?

things Ive got for my OH for his birthday in the past

race day at brands hatch
acrobatic flying lesson
scuba diving trip
parachute jump

he enjoyed all of them
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute

hi keith.

We are lucky when it comes to special presents, David just takes said person on a one hour flight in a light aircraft. You can do it at any airfield that has a PPL school, and you usually get to fly the plane as well.
Were does he live? I might be able to find a place near.

love

mary
PS did you go to the Japenese the other week?
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:35 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maryann
hi keith.

We are lucky when it comes to special presents, David just takes said person on a one hour flight in a light aircraft. You can do it at any airfield that has a PPL school, and you usually get to fly the plane as well.
Were does he live? I might be able to find a place near.

love

mary
PS did you go to the Japenese the other week?
Hi...yes, we did go to the Japanese. It was okay. Not one of the better sushi places I have ever been to, but good enough that we would go back another time. In any case, I´d like to try out the Indian next.

The "activity days" are not a bad idea as a general rule of thumb. But Annie´s brother is 40 going on 60 and I can see that he wouldn´t really appreciate having to try something new. Some people are really difficult to buy for aren´t they?
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute

do you want me to forward the bucket and hammer ? ha ha !!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 8:07 pm
has got a huge member

Originally Posted by busters mum
do you want me to forward the bucket and hammer ? ha ha !!
Ha bloody ha. NO!

Old Jun 23rd 2007, 8:08 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Two sisters for my "first time" on my birthday. (together)

that was my best.

Last edited by rugbymatt; Jun 23rd 2007 at 8:13 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 8:12 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Take him to a brothel(any man would enjoy that) or buy him a tank driving session!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 8:14 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
Take him to a brothel(any man would enjoy that) or buy him a tank driving session!
I would rather a tank.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 8:30 pm
has got a huge member

I don´t know what I was thinking really. BE was so obviously not the place to get sensible ideas that I could actually use.

(Might suggest the two sisters thing to Annie though when my b´day next comes around.)
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 8:32 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by keithwalters
I don´t know what I was thinking really. BE was so obviously not the place to get sensible ideas that I could actually use.

(Might suggest the two sisters thing to Annie though when my b´day next comes around.)
I have been trying to get my OH and her TWIN to play the game for ages now!!