Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Benidorm Winter Lets

Benidorm Winter Lets

Old Jun 22nd 2020, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

John N. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Benidorm Winter Lets

Hi Folks my wife and I are wanting to spend 3 months of the coming winter in Benidorm (Dec,Jan & Feb) and we are looking to rent a one bedroom apartment. I am struggling to find one by searching online, could anyone please point us in the right direction by maybe recommending a couple of local offices. We lived in Spain for 5yrs in the Malaga region a few years ago so we are familiar with the lifestyle/local law etc, any help would be appreciated.

regards

Nev.
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Benidorm Winter Lets

Originally Posted by John N.
Hi Folks my wife and I are wanting to spend 3 months of the coming winter in Benidorm (Dec,Jan & Feb) and we are looking to rent a one bedroom apartment. I am struggling to find one by searching online, could anyone please point us in the right direction by maybe recommending a couple of local offices. We lived in Spain for 5yrs in the Malaga region a few years ago so we are familiar with the lifestyle/local law etc, any help would be appreciated.

regards

Nev.
We used Homeaway https://www.homeaway.com/ a few years ago , searched our prefered location and then checked on each property their booking calendar to see if they had any demand. Every one we found without demand we sent an email asking if they were prepared to make a "deal" for a longer-term, our case was 2 months . Most were not but we finally found a couple of properties that were prepared to negotiate and got what we wanted. This year may be different as people may thinking ahead and wanting a holiday in the winter after the pandemic.
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John N.

regards

Nev.

Hi Nev,

Have a look on :

www.idealista.com

I saw some 1 bed apartments in Benidorm on there just yesterday.

Steve
Old Jun 23rd 2020, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guy's..
Old Jun 25th 2020, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

terrygriff is an unknown quantity at this point

I would also have a look at who the property managers are on the online systems as often these will have many properties on their books and will know who is prepared to consider a longer term let. I used a property manager I happened to play golf with this year and he found us a few candidates for January 2021
Old Jun 25th 2020, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by terrygriff
I would also have a look at who the property managers are on the online systems as often these will have many properties on their books and will know who is prepared to consider a longer term let. I used a property manager I happened to play golf with this year and he found us a few candidates for January 2021
You've lost me I am afraid, can you please explain more.....Thank you.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

terrygriff is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry it's not clear. Whenever you look at properties on homeaway.com or idealista.com the contact details if you have any questions will usually be a letting agent or a property manager rather than the owners themselves. These contacts will often be covering many other properties that may or may not be on the websites.

All I was saying was to maybe contact some of these people in the area you are looking at and make general enquiries to these guys as they are on the ground and speaking to the owners on a regular basis and may be able to match your requirements and dates.

In my particular example, I played golf with a property manager and told him what we were looking for in 2021. The following week he showed my around a property he manages that advertises online as no pets and was out of our price range but he spoke with the owner who quickly agreed to accept our 3 month winter let including dogs and the price agreed is much reduced from that advertised online.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Im'e with you now, thank you for the suggestion.

regards

John..