Benidorm

Old Apr 20th 2022, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Albir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Benidorm

Have any of you ever seen this fantastic video on YouTube ? If you haven’t please take a moment and enjoy. I think it’s great and how I wish I would have been able to come to Spain in those days.

Here you go..

Old Apr 20th 2022, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Benidorm

I wish I could have too.
We were lucky to get a day trip to Cleethorpes back then.
Old Apr 20th 2022, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

I like watching old pathé films and wishing (well my family) bought land on the cote d azur years ago... France - Nice/Cannes area.
Old Apr 20th 2022, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute

In the seventies, I worked with an elderly woman whose family used to holiday on the Costa del Sol after the first world war. The family were butchers in Leicester’s Frog Island.

they flew to Madrid and then got the mail plane Madrid to Malaga. No cargo door.

we have fond memories of a tapas bar - cava and eats in old Benidorm 40 years ago. At the time, I thought it was disgusting that people just dropped their napkins etc on the floor. How times change!
Old Apr 20th 2022, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olivefarmer

At the time, I thought it was disgusting that people just dropped their napkins etc on the floor. How times change!
Depending on were you go, they still do
Old Apr 20th 2022, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Albir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond repute

In the seventies, I worked with an elderly woman whose family used to holiday on the Costa del Sol after the first world war. The family were butchers in Leicester’s Frog Island.

they flew to Madrid and then got the mail plane Madrid to Malaga. No cargo door.

we have fond memories of a tapas bar - cava and eats in old Benidorm 40 years ago. At the time, I thought it was disgusting that people just dropped their napkins etc on the floor. How times change!
Yes just like this video when my Nan and Grandad first started going to Benidorm the only way to get there was flight to Valencia and then the coach down to benidorm.

I use a tapas bar in Alicante centre called d’tabla and the floor is always flooded with serviettes
Old Apr 20th 2022, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

At the time, I thought it was disgusting that people just dropped their napkins etc on the floor. How times change!
So; now you do not think it is disgusting or you thought the Spanish would have evolved a little?
Old Apr 21st 2022, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond repute

They throw napkins on floor as it is more hygienic and cleaner.Napkins are swept up by owners and are not touched . Doesnt matter if you stand on them.
Old Apr 21st 2022, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

I go to several Tapas bars in different areas in Benidorm and I don't see napkins strewn all over the floor even at the busiest of times......

Steve

Old Apr 21st 2022, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tebo53
I go to several Tapas bars in different areas in Benidorm and I don't see napkins strewn all over the floor even at the busiest of times......

Steve
Proper tapas bars in busy cities it’s normal, it’s just what they do. Those serviette dispensers that you see on bars and tables with extra thin serviettes inside them that’s what people screw up and throw on the floor.
Old Apr 21st 2022, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by growinspain
I like watching old pathé films and wishing (well my family) bought land on the cote d azur years ago... France - Nice/Cannes area.
Same here and wish the parents had bought a nice plot along the coast on the Costa Brava back then. Now you need around 30K for something decent that's 15mins drive from the coast and more like 150K+ near the beach in cheaper parts.
Old Apr 21st 2022, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

It’s like winning the lottery when you think about it. You see these video’s of places when the coasts were unbuilt and untouched, Spanish families and families from places a like seen tourists starting to come, knew that the weather, man made beaches and the sea was going to make those places a gold mine and purchased plots of land and sold to hoteliers and builders and all sorts some years later.

I was told a story by a Spanish guy once about the land on the coast in Benidorm, I can’t for the life of me remember what it was now though lol something about the locals getting the rights to a piece of land each maybe something along those lines.
Old Apr 21st 2022, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Xisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud of

About 25 years ago I crossed paths with some Costa Brava hoteliers in Manhattan.They were en route to Cuba,seemingly to invest in hotel development down there.Progressive thinking I recall and probably continuing a historical connection between the two regions.
Old Apr 21st 2022, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Xisle
About 25 years ago I crossed paths with some Costa Brava hoteliers in Manhattan.They were en route to Cuba,seemingly to invest in hotel development down there.Progressive thinking I recall and probably continuing a historical connection between the two regions.
Don't want to go off topic, but here a link and especially in Begur there is still a strong connection https://www.callcarlos.eu/blog/begur-costa-brava

These days you need a healthy budget, the area is stunning though. Unfortunately a lot of the coastline has been destroyed in Spain, the area around there has escaped the worst of development. Here a really interesting podcast in English about the challenges Catalonia faces today, trying to find the balance between development and nature.

https://catalannews.podbean.com/e/saturation-point-%e2%80%93-development-versus-conservation-on-the-catalan-coast/

Last edited by Moses2013; Apr 21st 2022 at 6:04 pm.