Reload this Page >

Benalmadena Port

Benalmadena Port

Old Feb 19th 2007, 12:22 pm
KateK

KateK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Benalmadena Port

Hi there,

I've got some friends coming over this weekend and am thinking of places to take them for a good night out. I was thinking of Benalmadena Port....what dya think?? Any other ideas??

Thanks
Kate
Old Feb 19th 2007, 1:11 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Benalmadena Port

Originally Posted by KateK
Hi there,

I've got some friends coming over this weekend and am thinking of places to take them for a good night out. I was thinking of Benalmadena Port....what dya think?? Any other ideas??

Thanks
Kate
jdr or Mrs jdr, here's your chance to shine on here.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 2:32 pm
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough

What do you all like? There is a place in Benahavis (might be a bit to far away???) organizing dinner. murder mystery evenings for 59 euos per person. Sounds fun.

The port is quite lively as well
Old Feb 19th 2007, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kate, not really sure what your type of entertainment is, the port is very nice, and a good atmosphere, but drinks etc., very over priced, there are bars and clubs and restuarants there, also the dreaded 24 hour square, but mainly for the VERY teenie boppers! (daughter last went about 5 years ago and said she felt REALY OLD). If you would like a few drinks and a good laugh how about Bunnies? It is situated near Bonanza Square in Benalmadena, very good show, if you don´t mind the swearing, etc., etc., phone number 639 002 425, after 2 p.m. to reserve a table, cost just €5 each on your bar bill, and drinks not over priced. Have fun
Old Feb 19th 2007, 3:51 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
Hi Kate, not really sure what your type of entertainment is, the port is very nice, and a good atmosphere, but drinks etc., very over priced, there are bars and clubs and restuarants there, also the dreaded 24 hour square, but mainly for the VERY teenie boppers! (daughter last went about 5 years ago and said she felt REALY OLD). If you would like a few drinks and a good laugh how about Bunnies? It is situated near Bonanza Square in Benalmadena, very good show, if you don´t mind the swearing, etc., etc., phone number 639 002 425, after 2 p.m. to reserve a table, cost just €5 each on your bar bill, and drinks not over priced. Have fun
There's some lovely pictures of Belamadena and the pueblo on the latest version of Google Earth.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 3:57 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
There's some lovely pictures of Belamadena and the pueblo on the latest version of Google Earth.
Link please.
The port is on a couple of photos in Spain photo gallery also.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 6:01 pm
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by KateK
Hi there,

Thanks
Kate
Why dont you go down to puerto banus marbella now that is a pucker night out if getting on the drinky poo s ! other wise for a nice meal go to capapino port down n340 don t know if i spealt capapino right any way theres 4 nice restaurants there and a cocktail bar try kate !
Old Feb 19th 2007, 7:26 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pjj
Why dont you go down to puerto banus marbella now that is a pucker night out if getting on the drinky poo s ! other wise for a nice meal go to capapino port down n340 don t know if i spealt capapino right any way theres 4 nice restaurants there and a cocktail bar try kate !
Nooooo, tourist ripoff bars and clubs. Take them to a Spansh bar if you just want to drink.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Overpriced and full of people without souls....a souless place. I prefer Benalmadena port, actually on the port, plenty of spaniards go there as well as others and it can be lively and you meet more real people. I live up the road from Puerto Banus and avoid it if I can, you also get loads of prostitutes out there at night as well. I know a few guys who have been hassled there and some after what they think is a night stand end up getting a bill in the morning. So not a good place necessarily for women go go out for a night out as if you're attractive you might get asked "how much". You won't meet many decent people there Kate, I'd stick to Benalmadena.

Originally Posted by pjj

Last edited by Mercedes; Feb 19th 2007 at 7:43 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:59 am
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Overpriced and full of people without souls....a souless place. I prefer Benalmadena port, actually on the port, plenty of spaniards go there as well as others and it can be lively and you meet more real people. I live up the road from Puerto Banus and avoid it if I can, you also get loads of prostitutes out there at night as well. I know a few guys who have been hassled there and some after what they think is a night stand end up getting a bill in the morning. So not a good place necessarily for women go go out for a night out as if you're attractive you might get asked "how much". You won't meet many decent people there Kate, I'd stick to Benalmadena.
Is it that bad there now didnt realize sorry ive been down there a few times over the years and had a good night out .
Old Feb 20th 2007, 10:56 am
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pjj
Is it that bad there now didnt realize sorry ive been down there a few times over the years and had a good night out .
Yes it is - very sleazy but great for all the golfers who come here! Marbella town itslef is lovely, there are spanish priced bars/restaurants as well.