El Gorda

Old Oct 11th 2006, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice
Default El Gorda

Is it possible for non residents , u.k. based, to purchase tickets for " El Gorda " (correct spelling ? ) lottery at Christmas, or must you know someone that lives in Spain to buy them for you
Old Oct 11th 2006, 11:50 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: El Gorda

It's called El Gordo and I think you can buy them online from the official Spanish Lottery site these days. Most people only by a decima (a tenth of a ticket as they are so expensive).
http://onlae.terra.es/indexp.htm
Be aware that there are many Spanish lottery scams around.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 11:56 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonsol
Is it possible for non residents , u.k. based, to purchase tickets for " El Gorda " (correct spelling ? ) lottery at Christmas, or must you know someone that lives in Spain to buy them for you

Send me the money and I will buy them for you

If you buy the ticket`you are in the draw.

Just go in the lottery shop and get the tickets, quite expensive though.

PS. its an o on the end not a "El Gordo" (male)
Old Oct 11th 2006, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

NicCol is on a distinguished road

Try this website...

http://www.europeanlotteryguild.com/gorlot.htm
Old Oct 11th 2006, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Originally Posted by NicCol
:scared: Thanks, but this organisation was featured on tv a while back as a big scam, many people were caught , and lost lots of money ! !

Last edited by jonsol; Oct 11th 2006 at 6:33 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

:scared: Thanks, but this organisation was featured on tv a while back as a big scam, many people were caught , and lost lots of money ! !

I have just checked the lotto site mentioned by Hillbilly, and there is a warning notice in different languages which is very helpfull......just have to work out how to register....but they probably wont accept an application with a U.K. address.....but will try eh !
Old Oct 11th 2006, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

NicCol is on a distinguished road

Oh well. I saw the website in some glossy mag too. Never mind!!
Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
It's called El Gordo and I think you can buy them online from the official Spanish Lottery site these days. Most people only by a decima (a tenth of a ticket as they are so expensive).
http://onlae.terra.es/indexp.htm
Be aware that there are many Spanish lottery scams around.
Do they still have pensioners going around selling tickets, its a while since I was last in Spain, and I am sure they were still doing it then ........or has it now become unsafe for them to do it leaving them open to mugging ! ! How much is it for a "decima " then ?
Old Oct 12th 2006, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Do they still have pensioners going around selling tickets, its a while since I was last in Spain, and I am sure they were still doing it then ........or has it now become unsafe for them to do it leaving them open to mugging ! ! How much is it for a "decima " then ?
Since posting this reply I have found a site www.lotteryinsider.com ,which gives a good insight into El Gordo.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 1:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

There are more sellers than bars, well almost
Not sure what the cost is though.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdr
There are more sellers than bars, well almost
Not sure what the cost is though.
I have done a little more research , from what I see tickets cost 200 Euros or 20 for a decimo, have seen that people pick the numbers they want, but not sure how they track down the seller that has that particular number, perhaps the lotto web site has a search facility, but cant see this with my limited Spanish, or even how to log on ! ! .
Old Oct 14th 2006, 6:34 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I have done a little more research , from what I see tickets cost 200 Euros or 20 for a decimo, have seen that people pick the numbers they want, but not sure how they track down the seller that has that particular number, perhaps the lotto web site has a search facility, but cant see this with my limited Spanish, or even how to log on ! ! .
You often find that a community or village will buy a complete ticket, and share it out, perhaps even into more than the 10 parts, then everyone shares in any win. At the moment they are selling tickets for the Christmas one here, and there appears to be a specific Playa Flamenca ticket, advertised in the Lottery shops just here, and I've seen other places with similar offers.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 6:49 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Er indoors says you can buy on line HERE, Good luck and dont forget my share ;-)

20€ shares.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdr
Er indoors says you can buy on line HERE, Good luck and dont forget my share ;-)

20€ shares.
Thanks for this info, has Er indoors used this site or perhaps knows someone that has ? not sure if I want to let an organisation buy a ticket for me, might not get my winnings back, and that will mean I wont be able to sent you your share ! ! ( it seems Gordo tickets are E 40 )(decimo )
Old Oct 14th 2006, 1:53 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

We have never used them, but they are pukka, we buy ours from the kiosks.
I have just had a nose around on the site.
You have to open an account and the winnings are paid into that, if its big they open a bank account for you.
You have a choice of tickets at 20 euros a share.
There is an SLL pukka site confirmation on the page and it has been running for years.

If you dont have a go it will be " oh what if " for the rest of your life
Attached Thumbnails El Gorda-2006-10-14_154204.jpg   El Gorda-2006-10-14_154336.jpg   El Gorda-2006-10-14_154255.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.