Beauty Therapy

Old May 14th 2007, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold
Default Beauty Therapy

Hi there,

Are there any decent beauty therapists in Ayamonte? Does anyone think that there would be any need for a new business over there?

Would love some feedback...Its been a while since I have been there so its probably changed heaps.
Thanks.
Old May 14th 2007, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice
Default Re: Beauty Therapy

Originally Posted by NZGrl
Hi there,

Are there any decent beauty therapists in Ayamonte? Does anyone think that there would be any need for a new business over there?

Would love some feedback...Its been a while since I have been there so its probably changed heaps.
Thanks.
HI,
I have been here 8 weeks can't find anyone speaking english to ask have eyebrows trimmed etc. My hairdresser said there is a shortage of therapists. I'm sure you would get lots of expats needing service for nails etc. PM me for a chat.

regards
Sue
Old May 14th 2007, 6:29 am
Click my Signature

sjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to all

We are moving to Sierra de Yeguas, near to Antequera, and are opening up a holistic and beauty therapy salon. We have seen a couple in our area but no english ones. We are hoping that what we have to offer is something that the expats will use; and that when our Spanish is better we will get the locals as well.

Fingers crossed that our signing for the house goes ahead on 15th May (tomorrow) - it was delayed last week due to a notary problem...

Then we go for it. Nothing ventured.

Our website is here No advertising policy or promotional urls. site rules rule 8 although it's not fully live yet and the prices are just our English prices with a euro sign in front. They will obviously change before it is officially live. We hope that we can get our service advertised to carers organisations in UK as we have both been in that position in the past and saw the need for it then, when nothing was available and would have been eagerly taken up.

We are hoping to be live in Spain and ticking over by the end of summer, so any help or advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Wendy and Stuart Wilson

Last edited by jdr; May 14th 2007 at 7:00 am.
Old May 14th 2007, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sjrw
We are moving to Sierra de Yeguas, near to Antequera, and are opening up a holistic and beauty therapy salon. We have seen a couple in our area but no english ones. We are hoping that what we have to offer is something that the expats will use; and that when our Spanish is better we will get the locals as well.

Fingers crossed that our signing for the house goes ahead on 15th May (tomorrow) - it was delayed last week due to a notary problem...

Then we go for it. Nothing ventured.

Our website is here No advertising policy or promotional urls. site rules rule 8 although it's not fully live yet and the prices are just our English prices with a euro sign in front. They will obviously change before it is officially live. We hope that we can get our service advertised to carers organisations in UK as we have both been in that position in the past and saw the need for it then, when nothing was available and would have been eagerly taken up.

We are hoping to be live in Spain and ticking over by the end of summer, so any help or advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Wendy and Stuart Wilson

Hi,
Put your website on your profile then people can see it.
I dont know about the area you are going to, However when we was in spain i could not see any decent beauty salons and the ones i did see i would not of paid to end up looking like some did coming out of the salons.

I by trade am a nail technician and looked at places when in spain and personally i would not of had my nails done by a lot of them.
My friend uses a salon for her nails and there was no nail prep or cleaning of the instruments, and they charged 50 euro's for just weekend nails.

I would say good luck and if you are fair with prices and do great work you should be ok

Good luck on the signing tomorrow
xxxxx
Old May 14th 2007, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

torie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi,
Put your website on your profile then people can see it.
I dont know about the area you are going to, However when we was in spain i could not see any decent beauty salons and the ones i did see i would not of paid to end up looking like some did coming out of the salons.
xxxxx
Wow - must be totally different in various areas! Here where we live (Costa Brava area), there's beauty salons popping up left and right!

The smallest town has at least 3 or 4 hairdressers, and our town - which is about 8000 people - has about 6 or 7 beauty salons (not counting hairdressers). And fancy-shmancy places at that!

Guess it depends on the area...

t0rie
Old May 14th 2007, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by torie
Wow - must be totally different in various areas! Here where we live (Costa Brava area), there's beauty salons popping up left and right!

The smallest town has at least 3 or 4 hairdressers, and our town - which is about 8000 people - has about 6 or 7 beauty salons (not counting hairdressers). And fancy-shmancy places at that!

Guess it depends on the area...

t0rie
Well the salons i saw i would personally not go in, i think it depends on what you want and what you expect. from the prices some places charge. there was some which had no worrys about not cleaning down equipment. I think there is probably some decent salons just none i saw.

However i think it also depends on what kind of salon you are used to back in the uk.
Old May 14th 2007, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold

I am looking at opening a spa similar to the one I own here...you can have a look on sheerbliss.co.nz This is one I have in NZ. I lived in Spain for 4 years and speak Spanish...well I can get by...but until I get there will be making sure that I can speak it really well as my grammer is SHOCKING!! I understand the importance of being able to speak Spanish to attract both an English and Spanish clientelle. I have worked in salons in Calahonda and also in Gibraltar and both quite frankly were not up to the standard that I was used to.

I can't wait to get back to Spain. My only worry is my kids fitting in over there. My plan is to teach them some spanish before they go as they will be 10 and 11 by then and that can be a difficult age to take them away from a country they have lived in all their life.

Thanks for all the advice guys!

Amanda
Old May 14th 2007, 8:01 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NZGrl
I am looking at opening a spa similar to the one I own here...you can have a look on sheerbliss.co.nz This is one I have in NZ. I lived in Spain for 4 years and speak Spanish...well I can get by...but until I get there will be making sure that I can speak it really well as my grammer is SHOCKING!! I understand the importance of being able to speak Spanish to attract both an English and Spanish clientelle. I have worked in salons in Calahonda and also in Gibraltar and both quite frankly were not up to the standard that I was used to.

I can't wait to get back to Spain. My only worry is my kids fitting in over there. My plan is to teach them some spanish before they go as they will be 10 and 11 by then and that can be a difficult age to take them away from a country they have lived in all their life.

Thanks for all the advice guys!

Amanda
There are a spattering of beauty places in Ayamonte, but I think you would find that they are not of the standard you are used to. All a bit "villagey".
Old May 14th 2007, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all

The main competition will be from the salons at the large hotels in Ayamonte but they lose out on lack of intimacy. There is a gap I think if you can liase with smaller hotels providing a quality weekend, beauty treatment included. There is a growing wealthy middle class Spanish market which you need to aim at. Think of UK 20 years ago... Ayamonte is within weekend reach of Seville and with the right advertising, you could tap that market where not speaking fluent Spanish could be an attraction not a deterrent. Snob value etc. But you have to provide the goods as that market is much morediscerning than in most of UK IMHO. I can´t see the potential in the expat market any more to be frank. I´ll be shouted down but personally I think that the future money lies with the Spanish. Ayamonte could be a good bet as Sevilla could be a good source of clients.
Old May 14th 2007, 9:10 pm
Click my Signature

sjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sjrw
...Our website is here No advertising policy or promotional urls. site rules rule 8 although it's ...
Sorry. Somebody didn't read the rules. Slapped wrist.
Is a signature ok.

Certainly hope so...