Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Beaches in Almeria

Beaches in Almeria

Old Aug 6th 2010, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Beaches in Almeria

OH is going on a business trip to Almeria next weekend and I'm going to tag along.

I really don't enjoy lying on the beach but I've decided I'm going to force myself to try and get a bit of a tan. Can anybody direct me to the nicest beach in the area?

My definition of a nice beach means:
Fine sand
Not dirty
Not overcrowded (if that is possible in August!)
A decent chiringuito nearby (possibly the most important factor)
Clean sea

(If there is a shop selling li-los and plastic buckets and spades within line of sight then it probably isn't my kind of beach.)

Thx
Old Aug 6th 2010, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beaches in Almeria

Originally Posted by Veleta
OH is going on a business trip to Almeria next weekend and I'm going to tag along.

I really don't enjoy lying on the beach but I've decided I'm going to force myself to try and get a bit of a tan. Can anybody direct me to the nicest beach in the area?

My definition of a nice beach means:
Fine sand
Not dirty
Not overcrowded (if that is possible in August!)
A decent chiringuito nearby (possibly the most important factor)
Clean sea

(If there is a shop selling li-los and plastic buckets and spades within line of sight then it probably isn't my kind of beach.)

Thx
Cabo de Gata national park is a little over half an hour away and offers some of the best beaches in the world (certainly in Spain).

Dont know about Almeria city itself
Old Aug 6th 2010, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cricketman
Cabo de Gata national park is a little over half an hour away and offers some of the best beaches in the world (certainly in Spain).

Dont know about Almeria city itself
Sorry.....should have specified. We are going to Almeria province, not city. I haven't asked him the name of the town though, but that doesn't matter....I'll have the car so I can go anywhere.

Thanks for the Cabo de Gata tip.......if it is a national park will chiringuitos be permitted or would I have to take a picnic? I'll be going alone whilst OH works so I like the idea of being around other people at lunchtime when I eat.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Veleta
Sorry.....should have specified. We are going to Almeria province, not city. I haven't asked him the name of the town though, but that doesn't matter....I'll have the car so I can go anywhere.

Thanks for the Cabo de Gata tip.......if it is a national park will chiringuitos be permitted or would I have to take a picnic? I'll be going alone whilst OH works so I like the idea of being around other people at lunchtime when I eat.
Depends which beach you go to, the coast is very long and varied. The very best isolated virgin beaches you have to walk to, no parking and no chiringuitos. But others have small towns next to them. San Jose has loads of restaurants, a good beach and if you feel daring you can work for an hour across the hills to get to even better beaches.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cricketman
Depends which beach you go to, the coast is very long and varied. The very best isolated virgin beaches you have to walk to, no parking and no chiringuitos. But others have small towns next to them. San Jose has loads of restaurants, a good beach and if you feel daring you can work for an hour across the hills to get to even better beaches.
You're the second person to mention San José to me so that sounds good.