Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish Reg Car in UK with no ITV

Spanish Reg Car in UK with no ITV

Old Aug 4th 2010, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

Aeronca is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Spanish Reg Car in UK with no ITV

I have a Spanish reg car with no ITV I plan to drive it back to spain to get the ITV done on it and leave it there but I am concerned about being stopped firstly in the UK and going through France until I get to Spain by the police is there any way around this
Old Aug 4th 2010, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Reg Car in UK with no ITV

Old Aug 5th 2010, 5:07 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aeronca
I have a Spanish reg car with no ITV I plan to drive it back to spain to get the ITV done on it and leave it there but I am concerned about being stopped firstly in the UK and going through France until I get to Spain by the police is there any way around this
judging by the people who have replied so far, you originally posted this in the Lounge??

someone has helpfully moved it to Spain. so you should get more sensible answers!!

actually the first reply with the trailer might be the safest option, but if you book an ITV with the first ITV centre over the border - I think you can do that online - once you are in Spain you'll be safe until you get there
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:11 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
judging by the people who have replied so far, you originally posted this in the Lounge??

someone has helpfully moved it to Spain. so you should get more sensible answers!!

actually the first reply with the trailer might be the safest option, but if you book an ITV with the first ITV centre over the border - I think you can do that online - once you are in Spain you'll be safe until you get there
your danger is in the UK, apparently UK police have been noting foreign plated cars, and if they see them 6 months after the fist noting, then you are likely to be pulled over and asked to prove where the car has been during those months. If you say the UK, then you are in trouble for not re registering, if you say back in Spain, then you may well have to prove that by ferry or tunnel tickets. A trailer seems a very sensible idea.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 11:50 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
your danger is in the UK, apparently UK police have been noting foreign plated cars, and if they see them 6 months after the fist noting, then you are likely to be pulled over and asked to prove where the car has been during those months. If you say the UK, then you are in trouble for not re registering, if you say back in Spain, then you may well have to prove that by ferry or tunnel tickets. A trailer seems a very sensible idea.
so it happens there too
Old Aug 6th 2010, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
so it happens there too
Where I used to live in the UK the police seized 1000 in 18 months.