Basque

Old May 3rd 2013, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Basque

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
We depart from the Spanish side of the frontier at 6 AM so basically a taxi at about 5.15 to be sure to be sure.

I may do a trip report if it goes well.

We leave 3 weeks today.

We should have been on a similar trip last week to Cuenca, but after asking at least six times which hotel were we booked into and never recieving an answer we gave up and spent a couple of nights in Cadiz.

However looking around the local ( Spain ) travel agents there are some very cheap trips if you are OK with accommodation in Pensions.We prefer a little better comfort.

Thanks to everyone who has replied and to retired in euzkadi, being able to say simple things like Hello and Thank You is usually appreciated and improves the service.
Have just returned from San Sebastian, having taken some friends there for the day.
There's a pretty square in the old quarter, called "Constitucion Plaza", worth seeing.
In the restaurant where we had a good "menu del dia" for €12.50, including wine, (restaurant Jose Mari) they told us that there are Basque folk music groups that go round the bars on the 1st Saturday of every month; it might coincide when you're there.
Old May 18th 2013, 7:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I have just been exploring Bilbao on Streetview and come across something new to me.

The camera has been travelling along the pavements and into pedestrian streets.

Something I have not seen before.
Old May 18th 2013, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

OrlandoSeaHorse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I have just been exploring Bilbao on Streetview and come across something new to me.

The camera has been travelling along the pavements and into pedestrian streets.

Something I have not seen before.
Normally they use a car, but they do have equipped bicycles too.
Old May 18th 2013, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OrlandoSeaHorse
Normally they use a car, but they do have equipped bicycles too.
Yes I have been looking a little closer and can see the reflection of a bicycle in the windows.