Reload this Page >

Barcelona Banks

Barcelona Banks

Old Nov 18th 2012, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

mariaGB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Barcelona Banks

Hello all.

We've arrived in Barcelona and trying to work on getting a home and schools etc.

Our next big thing is a bank account so wondering which one people think is better

La Caixa or Catalunya Caixa

Both have been recommended but all I can figure out is that Catalunya Caixa is a saving account and not a regular account.

We're just spent a week getting used to Catalunya time which has been eye opening to say the least.

Thanks in Advance
Old Nov 18th 2012, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Barcelona Banks

Hi Maria, welcome to Catalunya.

We're with La Caixa and have never had any problems.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 1:57 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mariaGB
Hello all.

We've arrived in Barcelona and trying to work on getting a home and schools etc.

Our next big thing is a bank account so wondering which one people think is better

La Caixa or Catalunya Caixa

Both have been recommended but all I can figure out is that Catalunya Caixa is a saving account and not a regular account.

We're just spent a week getting used to Catalunya time which has been eye opening to say the least.

Thanks in Advance
surely its the same as Andalucia and only an hour ahead of the UK (and Portugal).
good job I decided against the flip-flops and table cloth option to settle in Malaysia (despite her protestations I think that would have strained the relationship more than a little) as that is 8 hours ahead.

Last edited by Domino; Nov 18th 2012 at 2:00 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

La Caixa - we are with them and no problems plus there are hundreds of them on every street corner. Have a lovely time living in a beautiful city like Barcelona.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

mariaGB is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks everyone.

by Cataluyna time - more in the way the general response times are in dealing with everything.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mariaGB
thanks everyone.

by Cataluyna time - more in the way the general response times are in dealing with everything.
Ah you mean the 4pm appointment that starts at 4.45pm.
When we came here we were told that Catalans are less laid back than the real spanish down south. Nevertheless I agree it does take some getting used to. My husband, not known for his patience, had a particularly hard time adjusting.

Re La Caixa, meant to say they have a very good online banking system which is available in english if you need it. We do most of our banking that way and only visit a branch to get cash.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

Sonicboi81 will become famous soon enoughSonicboi81 will become famous soon enough

I agree.

Whilst Catalunya Caixa has been a good bank for me in terms of service, La caixa is more financially sound at the moment. With Catalunya i have a specific personal advisor that i have been assigned to which gives a more personal service, especially since he knows english and i don´t have to worry about translation issues. But they are struggling, near bankruptcy and will probably be bought over.

I am considering switching to La Caixa myself to safeguard my finances. They are also the bank that has the most bank machines and offices in the region. This is important as its very common to get large charges when using other banks machines as opposed to the uk.