Reload this Page >

Banks standing orders

Banks standing orders

Old Apr 17th 2007, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

pwblackbelt is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Banks standing orders

Hi all,
Does anyone know if Spanish banks use standing orders similar to here in the UK.
Here we have a form that my customers complete,sign and take to their own bank to add to their accounts. The money is then deducted at the same time every month like a direct debit. The difference is that you (the account holder) is far more in control than when using a direct debit system. There are down sides for a business owner like me but I am not covering that now.
So all in all has anyone came across a standing order in a Spanish bank?
All info appreciated as always.
Peter
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:36 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banks standing orders

Spanish banks only use one system of direct debits.

The difference from the UK banks is that the customer does have control in that if you ask the bank to cancel the payment within, I think, 15 days, they will recredit your account immediately, without question, leaving you to sort it out with the supplier. You can also cancel the direct debit at any time without reference to the supplier.

It is called a Domiciliacion.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

If you have internet banking you can also cancel the direct debit yourself without even contacting the bank. I'm not sure if you can do this with all banks.

However, if it is only a specific debit you wish to cancel you have to be sure that you choose the correct option otherwise you will cancel everything to do with that company or utility.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Darren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the rough

Banks are also different in Spain because they charge you for everything, your credit card, having an account, some even in like Barclays charge you for each movement you have.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:56 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Darren
Banks are also different in Spain because they charge you for everything, your credit card, having an account, some even in like Barclays charge you for each movement you have.
But thats much the same with a lot of accounts in The UK now... I used to have a RBS Gold account which was £12 per month but gave you free travel ins and free currency exchange as well as various other things. I now have a SOL bank Prestige account which is roughly the same thing for roughly the same price