Bank Transfers

Old Mar 10th 2006, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

NicCol is on a distinguished road
Default Bank Transfers

I would if anyone could help please. I have just asked my bank to transfer a sum of money from my account to another spanish bank, also in my name, and they have told me that they will be charging me 100-150 euros for the transfer. Does this sound right? If it does, is there a cheaper way to do it, i.e. cheque?

Thanks
Old Mar 10th 2006, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all
Default Re: Bank Transfers

Sorry NicCol, I'm not sure waht you mean. Is that a transfer between 2 spanish banks?

If so my bank charges me 1€ for such a transaction so yes it does seem very high!
Old Mar 10th 2006, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

Who are you banking with ?
Old Mar 10th 2006, 2:15 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NicCol
I would if anyone could help please. I have just asked my bank to transfer a sum of money from my account to another spanish bank, also in my name, and they have told me that they will be charging me 100-150 euros for the transfer. Does this sound right? If it does, is there a cheaper way to do it, i.e. cheque?

Thanks
If Spanish bank to Spanish bank it sounds outrageous..though they do charge for everything. If it is making a payment from Britain to Spain, then better to use a company like HIFX who can guarantee no transfer charges at this end, and no receiving charges at the other.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Yes, but even when doing an immediate transfer from my UK Bank to Spain. I telephone my bank manager, am charged £20 in the UK and nothing in Spain so 100€ still seems excessive.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

sunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the rough

We have an account with the Halifax in Spain and bank transfers are free if you bank with Halifax UK or the affiliates eg. RBS.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

If a large sum use HIFX or Currencies Direct. Free transfer and better rate of exchange.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 4:14 pm
Pompey Boy

gazzpfc will become famous soon enough

My bank charged me £30 to transfer £1000 to Spain at the other end 2 euros
Old Mar 10th 2006, 5:56 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dazzle
Yes, but even when doing an immediate transfer from my UK Bank to Spain. I telephone my bank manager, am charged £20 in the UK and nothing in Spain so 100€ still seems excessive.
Who do you bank with at each end ???
Old Mar 10th 2006, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

The transfer is from Banca March to Caja Madrid. So its a spanish bank to spanish bank.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by poollounger
Who do you bank with at each end ???

NatWest in the UK and Bankinter in Spain so nothing out of the ordinary.

NicCol, have you checked with Banca Marche because that certainly does seem a ridiculous amount. I often transfer money via the internet from my Bankinter account to another spanish bank and I'm always charged 1€ regardless of the amount of the transfer.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dazzle
NatWest in the UK and Bankinter in Spain so nothing out of the ordinary.

NicCol, have you checked with Banca Marche because that certainly does seem a ridiculous amount. I often transfer money via the internet from my Bankinter account to another spanish bank and I'm always charged 1€ regardless of the amount of the transfer.
I have just e-mailled them to check. I don't know whu they have given such a broad range of the potential costs, 100-150 euros!!?
Old Mar 11th 2006, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

meseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura about

I have used on line banking within Spain for a while now and it costs 1 euro per transfer. Have you explored this possibility ?

It's instant and you know it's actually been done !
Old Mar 11th 2006, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

joka is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NicCol

Thanks
Change to Halifax bank in England. then open a Halifax Hispania Bank account, transfers between the 2 made quickly by telephone are free!! We did this and have no complaints.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

I am transferring banks, which is probably why the Banca March are trying to charge so much. Interestingly though, I contacted them, as Dazzle suggested, and basically asked if they were sure, and they have brought it down to 65 euros. Hmmm...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.