Wikiposts

Bank charges

Old Mar 9th 2007, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bank charges

I too have transferred disgusting amounts of money over the last 2 years through a currency broker and there were never any charges, but not so for paying in a cheque. I was interpreting literally what you said about receiving money into your account as 'no matter where it comes from' but obviously cheques are not in the mix. If you're saying that you have never been charged for paying a cheque in then I would appreciate your branch address and managers name so that I can take it up with my branch in A.E.G as they seem to be immovable. Thanks
Old Mar 9th 2007, 3:55 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malagaman
I too have transferred disgusting amounts of money over the last 2 years through a currency broker and there were never any charges, but not so for paying in a cheque. I was interpreting literally what you said about receiving money into your account as 'no matter where it comes from' but obviously cheques are not in the mix. If you're saying that you have never been charged for paying a cheque in then I would appreciate your branch address and managers name so that I can take it up with my branch in A.E.G as they seem to be immovable. Thanks

I've never paid a cheque in to the bank, but when I opened the account, because I had been screwed over by BV so much, I was very specific and clear with them about charges. I get charged quarterly for having a Prestige account with them, but I was informed that I would not pay charges on any funds of any kind paid into my account.

Oliva Branch
Think the managers name is Jose Bofi Planes
Old Mar 9th 2007, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

Now we know why Spanish people favour the 'bank of under the mattress' or the 'bank of the back pocket'.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 4:07 am
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

We are the same as you mitzboy, but we were charged for banking a cheque into our english account.
I have had a new offer arrive today that offers you the free cheque facility and it gives you a host more benifits.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

We bank with La Caixa
Does anyone else ?
I would like to make a comparison
There charges don't seem to bad to me,but being as we don't live in Spain yet the account is not used on a daily basis.
We use a currency broker for euros & there is no up front charges on any purchase transactions
Old Mar 9th 2007, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I've never paid a cheque in to the bank, but when I opened the account, because I had been screwed over by BV so much, I was very specific and clear with them about charges. I get charged quarterly for having a Prestige account with them, but I was informed that I would not pay charges on any funds of any kind paid into my account.

Oliva Branch
Think the managers name is Jose Bofi Planes
That clarifies things, as you haven't actually paid a (spanish) cheque into your account, trust me, if you do you WILL be charged. I too have the Prestige Account and really all that offers is translation services, helplines etc and the chance to speak to somebody in English but as far as I can see nothing regarding reduced charges except for online banking where transfers are reduced by about one quarter of a percent.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 5:45 am
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

That clarifies things, as you haven't actually paid a (spanish) cheque into your account, trust me, if you do you WILL be charged. I too have the Prestige Account and really all that offers is translation services, helplines etc and the chance to speak to somebody in English but as far as I can see nothing regarding reduced charges except for online banking where transfers are reduced by about one quarter of a percent.
The account has been changed we got notification today they will now not charge us for depositing cheques .
A turnaround dont you think ?
Old Mar 9th 2007, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gallerie9
The account has been changed we got notification today they will now not charge us for depositing cheques .
A turnaround dont you think ?
Interesting indeed, I wonder if I can get mine back retrospectively, yeah right!!
Old Mar 9th 2007, 6:03 am
this is me

Interesting indeed, I wonder if I can get mine back retrospectively, yeah right!!
Nahhhhh
The banks in Spain are the robbers and well some less than others.
Just thought that it was ironic that we were offered that service today.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 6:06 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter paid two foreign cheques she got as wedding gifts into her account and the charges were scandalous, so much so that she had a right row and closed the account.
Old Mar 10th 2007, 2:40 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, as I say, I had a guarantee from them when I joined that I would not be charged for anything I paid into my account ..... I must be a skilled negotiator
Old Mar 10th 2007, 3:42 am
MONA LISA

coultrm will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Bank charges

I notice you live in Halifax, may I suggust you open an account with Banco Halifax which is the Spanish arm of the Halifax Bank. If there is a branch near your location in Spain it would be to your advantage to open an account with them here in the UK and in Spain as we have transfer money on several occasion and its commission free.
http://www.halifax.es:)
Old Mar 10th 2007, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well, as I say, I had a guarantee from them when I joined that I would not be charged for anything I paid into my account ..... I must be a skilled negotiator
We're with the Banco de Valencia....but only use it to pay mortgage and bills at the mo. They have been good so far...but as I said, we are not doing much with them...and our mortgage is with them too.

You'll be horrified to know that we do the most of our transactions by our Barclays debit card, from our English bank account...hate to know what charges we are incurring...

Supposed to be temporary until we sorted out a rate from a good company as Mr E is paid from the UK!

Definitely will look into it as need to sort our finances out.
Old Mar 10th 2007, 4:16 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs eddie
We're with the Banco de Valencia....but only use it to pay mortgage and bills at the mo. They have been good so far...but as I said, we are not doing much with them...and our mortgage is with them too.

You'll be horrified to know that we do the most of our transactions by our Barclays debit card, from our English bank account...hate to know what charges we are incurring...

Supposed to be temporary until we sorted out a rate from a good company as Mr E is paid from the UK!

Definitely will look into it as need to sort our finances out.
Mrs E - you would be better switching your UK account from Barclays to the Halifax then open a Halifax account in Denia, not too far from you, and you can arrange to 'drip feed' your account in Spain instead of using your debit card and incurring charges. Just a thought.
Old Mar 10th 2007, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lionda
Mrs E - you would be better switching your UK account from Barclays to the Halifax then open a Halifax account in Denia, not too far from you, and you can arrange to 'drip feed' your account in Spain instead of using your debit card and incurring charges. Just a thought.
Thats a fab idea, def speak to Mr E tonight....should be in Spain now......so should see him in just under 2 hours...yipppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeee.

Anyway, where was I ! Oh MONEY...(uuuuuuuuuuugh) ....we'd both have to be there in the UK to open an account wouldn't we? Geez wish I posted this a few days ago....

Well we're going to the UK in July so will look into it then.

Thank you ever so much x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.