Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bank account whilst still in the UK

Bank account whilst still in the UK

Old Jul 24th 2021, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bank account whilst still in the UK

Yes. But you have to do it in person, don't you?
Old Jul 24th 2021, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you have to complete the application process by being at the bank to sign all the documentation.

There is always the option to join the online banking such as "Wise"

Steve
Old Jul 24th 2021, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cermignano
Yes. But you have to do it in person, don't you?
Nope, you can open a proper Bank account remotely without issue. What you can't do is USE it.

I have accounts in 3 different countries (other than the UK and Spain) and all accounts were opened online. I could pay money in and so could others but I could do nothing else until I went to the banks in person and signed and received the debit cards.

The only one I ever opened in person was the one in Barbados but as that was back in 1980 there was no internet.