Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bank Account Frozen

Bank Account Frozen

Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Dessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really nice
Default Bank Account Frozen

Good Evening
I wonder if anyone can help me out on this. I have received an information slip from my bank in Spain saying 'withheld under account freezing proceedings' It then says it is an information slip only and that i do not need to do anything and it also says
'In accordance with the legal regulations in force, and regarding the stated account freezing proceedings, we have withheld the account specified below. If within the legally established period we have not received an instruction from the issuing body unfreezing the account, we will by legal mandate proceed to apply an account debit.'
The issuing body is A.E.A.T (agencia tributaria) It says the sum of proceedings is 165 euros, and that the amount withheld was 94 euros. there was 107 euros in the account so the amounts don't really tally up. This is causing me horrendous sleepless nights, i've been on the agencia tributaria website to see if i can somehow pay this off but think it might prove a bit more difficult than that?

Can anyone shed any light on what this means, and what I can do to rectify it?

I would appreciate any help.
Thanks
Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:27 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank Account Frozen

Is it possible there is an outstanding debt you´ve forgotten to pay? It´s possible there was a court decision to force you to pay an outstanding debt but they couldn´t contact you and therefore tried to take it from your account.
Have you tried doing a credit check on yourself or contact the bank?
Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Dessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really nice

Originally Posted by Madridboy
Is it possible there is an outstanding debt you´ve forgotten to pay? It´s possible there was a court decision to force you to pay an outstanding debt but they couldn´t contact you and therefore tried to take it from your account.
Have you tried doing a credit check on yourself or contact the bank?
Hi there, thanks for your reply. I'm emailing the bank tonight but just thought i would put something on here just in case. I can't think of any debts we forgot to pay. Are the Agencia Tributaria the people who would do that then? I thought they were tax people? We both worked in Spain and were employed so our tax was paid by our employers, i was worried maybe it hadn't been. Is that what this means then, that something would have gone to court?
Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:35 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Honest answer is I´m guessing at this. OH knows this kinda thing and I´ll ask as soon as OH is back home.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Honest answer is I´m guessing at this. OH knows this kinda thing and I´ll ask as soon as OH is back home.
Okay no problem! Thank you for taking the time to reply
Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:46 pm
Yaaarp

Just asked OH. Apparently this is hacienda and if they´ve said they only want 94E and you have more this is because they are taking a percentage of what you owe. Speak to Hacienda and they will be able to tell you what the full amount is and what it is for.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Just asked OH. Apparently this is hacienda and if they´ve said they only want 94E and you have more this is because they are taking a percentage of what you owe. Speak to Hacienda and they will be able to tell you what the full amount is and what it is for.
Well it says sum withheld is 94 euros but the sum of proceedings is 164? However, does your OH think i can rectify that way?I will call the hacienda tomorrow, i just want to get it paid and done with. I've never had anything like this happen to me before, and have had visions of going back to calpe on holiday and being arrested at alicante airport?!?

Thank you and your OH so much for your help.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 7:00 pm
Yaaarp

You´re not going to be arrested for this. Take your NIE number to Hacienda and they will tell you haw much in total to pay and ask how you can pay it. If you´ve just recieved this it´s likely it´s from a long time ago and not a recent fault. They may let you pay it all in one go or over a period of time to take a little interest from you. Don´t worry too much about it, it´s not as bad as you think. Just take your ID to Hacienda and they will give you all the information you need.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

You´re not going to be arrested for this. Take your NIE number to Hacienda and they will tell you haw much in total to pay and ask how you can pay it. If you´ve just recieved this it´s likely it´s from a long time ago and not a recent fault. They may let you pay it all in one go or over a period of time to take a little interest from you. Don´t worry too much about it, it´s not as bad as you think. Just take your ID to Hacienda and they will give you all the information you need.
Well i'm in England so will have to phone them. I will do it tomorrow, i can't leave it till i go over there on holiday, too worried about it! But thank you, you have put my mind at rest. I had visions of the guardia turning up on our doorstep in england! What am i like! Have always been a worrier.
Thanks again
Old Feb 9th 2010, 8:18 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look on the BOP (Boletin Oficial de la Provincia) for your province (sorry, don't know where Calpe is), search under your name and you will maybe find out what it is you have forgotten to pay!
Edit, Alicante? Here http://seguro.dip-alicante.es/Default.aspx?menu=yes&idsesion=170364052&nemot=smn uBOPanon&idioma=es&contextomenu=mnuGuest|18|smnuBO Panon|114&opcionmenu=111
Edit 2: cr@p link try here http://seguro.dip-alicante.es/ under "consultas"
Old Feb 9th 2010, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Also this may help if you have the relevant info

https://www3.aeat.es/L/inwinvoc/es.a...ConsDilCuentas
Old Feb 9th 2010, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you both for your links, i have a reference number so am going to have a look and see if i can sort it out.
Thanks again
Dessi x
Old Feb 10th 2010, 8:46 am

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

Did you call them?

Hope it's all Ok and your worries are over !!!

Old Feb 10th 2010, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by manamama
Did you call them?

Hope it's all Ok and your worries are over !!!

Hi, no as it happens a very good friend of mine who is a solicitor in Calpe is going to get in touch with them and request the payment forms for me. Far easier as she is fluent in spanish. But thank you for asking! I slept a bit better last night anyway
Old Feb 10th 2010, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure this is not connected to your particular problem but thought I would mention that I had my non resident account frozen when I applied for resedencia.