Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bank Account blocked.

Bank Account blocked.

Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

keddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant future
Default Bank Account blocked.

Today I went to my bank to draw out a somewhat large amount of cash to pay for my broken cam belt [please no tears Ive cried enough this week!!!]
I was informed that my account had a block on it. It was blocked in as much as I could not have any money paid into the account [nothing new there!!] but I could still draw out of my account by any means. I had signed the 2 year declaration re tax but since taking out Residencia last January, I am now required to close the old account and start a new one with a different account number. It seems that I am now fiscal resident and as such pay tax on the interest on my savings. I do not have to pay a Foreigners Tax each and every year as I have done for the past 6 years so all is not lost.
Lookout out there Big Miguel is watching!!!!!!!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bank Account blocked.

If you mean January this year you will need to submit a tax return as a non-resident for last year and a tax return as a resident from next year onwards.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keddyboy
Today I went to my bank to draw out a somewhat large amount of cash to pay for my broken cam belt [please no tears Ive cried enough this week!!!]
I was informed that my account had a block on it. It was blocked in as much as I could not have any money paid into the account [nothing new there!!] but I could still draw out of my account by any means. I had signed the 2 year declaration re tax but since taking out Residencia last January, I am now required to close the old account and start a new one with a different account number. It seems that I am now fiscal resident and as such pay tax on the interest on my savings. I do not have to pay a Foreigners Tax each and every year as I have done for the past 6 years so all is not lost.
Lookout out there Big Miguel is watching!!!!!!!
my bank just changed it over for me - went it and signed the forms and that was that (quite smooth for a Spanish system )

is it not June/July time the yearly renta is done or is that something different ?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

If you are a resident it is from 1st May to 30th June for the previous year. If you are non-resident you have the whole of the year for the previous year.