Back to school

Old Sep 6th 2007, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Up in the mountains outside Cocentaina..and loving it!
Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Back to school

Today is the day I go back to work in the primary school I have worked in for 22 years. Not a big deal? Oh yes it it! I have been away from work since the beginning of March after having had a hip operation!

As any of you who work in schools will agree, the summer holiday seems a long time to be out of the 'work loop'...5 months is an eternity! I am feeling REALLY nervous this morning, ridiculous as it may seem!

I am responsible for the running and upkeep of the IT system in school. I can't even remember the passcodes to get into administrator mode at the moment!

So, won't be on here so much. Behave yourselves now!
Old Sep 6th 2007, 7:34 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back to school

Good luck on the return.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:05 am
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

Good luck hope you remember all the stuff you need to!!
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

squelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura about

Good luck, it will all come back to you, I was off for 4 months and had to ask for the code to the toilet! but was soon back in the swing of things
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Snats has a spectacular aura aboutSnats has a spectacular aura aboutSnats has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by squelch
I was off for 4 months and had to ask for the code to the toilet!
Is that why you're called squelch???

Good luck CM with work by the way!!
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

I am confident that your next post will say something like, by lunch time, it was as if you had never been away.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 11:02 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive got faith in Sally, you will be fine
Old Sep 6th 2007, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Up in the mountains outside Cocentaina..and loving it!
Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute

Thank god for that! First day over with! It always astonishes me just how many IT problems occur over the summer hols. My brain feels fried at the moment, but at least I managed to keep my head above water!
Off for a cuppa now...and a sit in the sunshine!
Sally
Old Sep 6th 2007, 4:16 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Cornish maid
Thank god for that! First day over with! It always astonishes me just how many IT problems occur over the summer hols. My brain feels fried at the moment, but at least I managed to keep my head above water!
Off for a cuppa now...and a sit in the sunshine!
Sally
Good for you, I was sitting in the sunshine just now but needed to go to the loo, and just had to pass the computer on the way, ( NO JOKES THANKYOU ABOUT PASSING!!!!) so here I am, I must say though ....I have beeeeen!!!
Your job sounds as if it is same as part of mine, i run the network, keep all the comps going, techy work etc as well as being the ICT curriculum support manager. I know how you feel because after 6 weeks, especially 6 in the sun i have trouble remembering the codes just to get in the school let alone any others. Fingers crossed though as I speak, eveything is fine for me, only silly little hiccups like capput battery in laptop. Those I can deal with in first week, last year i had the whole network to deal with as our curriculum internet provider was upgrading our system when we had a power failure, so they all had horrible ailments and none the same as each other. Luckily it was confined to the suite, so only 16 of the 46 that I run! Took me a couple of weeks to get back to normality.
Enjoy tomorrow and then it is the weekend so put your feet up and recover. Luv Eve
xx
Old Sep 6th 2007, 6:44 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Yehhhhhhhhhhhhh back to school - bloody great innit???????
We are now in our brand new building - whoopee - with the builders coz they havent finished - they say they have at least another 2 weeks work to do and the kids start coming in next Tuesday and they are special needs kids - we have the toilets above our classroom which are leaking through our classroom ceiling - bloody wonderful and all the drains have been blocked woo hoo - we have no display boards in our classrooms yet as we are not allowed to mark the walls coz they charge us for repairs the classrooms that have boards are cork notice boards and today was helping another TA to put up backing paper and it wouldnt stay on the boards - changing rooms will only fit at the most 10 kids in if we are lucky and are at the opposite end of the school to the sports hall - no plug sockets near the interactive whiteboards so we can attach the computers to them - FFS PFI is great innit :curse:. This is just a tiny tiny tiny bit of some of the problems we are facing and on top of all that a lot of our resources have gone missing from between our old schools and our new school - cant be traced anywhere :curse:. WHAT A ****ING JOKE.
I am now stopping rant as i could go on and the more i think about the schools they have shut down for this sorry excuse of a state of the art school its getting me crosser and crosser.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 7:30 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Yehhhhhhhhhhhhh back to school - bloody great innit???????
We are now in our brand new building - whoopee - with the builders coz they havent finished - they say they have at least another 2 weeks work to do and the kids start coming in next Tuesday and they are special needs kids - we have the toilets above our classroom which are leaking through our classroom ceiling - bloody wonderful and all the drains have been blocked woo hoo - we have no display boards in our classrooms yet as we are not allowed to mark the walls coz they charge us for repairs the classrooms that have boards are cork notice boards and today was helping another TA to put up backing paper and it wouldnt stay on the boards - changing rooms will only fit at the most 10 kids in if we are lucky and are at the opposite end of the school to the sports hall - no plug sockets near the interactive whiteboards so we can attach the computers to them - FFS PFI is great innit :curse:. This is just a tiny tiny tiny bit of some of the problems we are facing and on top of all that a lot of our resources have gone missing from between our old schools and our new school - cant be traced anywhere :curse:. WHAT A ****ING JOKE.
I am now stopping rant as i could go on and the more i think about the schools they have shut down for this sorry excuse of a state of the art school its getting me crosser and crosser.
Thats Rochdale cowboys for ya Sam. Get over here quick sharp!!!
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:31 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
Thats Rochdale cowboys for ya Sam. Get over here quick sharp!!!
Yep you are so right - i cant wait to get over there just wish we had finished the house so we could go right now - and yep the shops are crap as well - they even took BHS back off us but i suppose to compensate we now have a Body Shop what more could we ask for eh . Had my eye on one house but just been told this week its sold so now found another one i quite fancy to renovate so keeping my eye on that one at the moment - thinking of extending our mortgage to buy it and then do up with the intention of moving over then at some point depending whether John can get enough work to keep me in the lifestyle that i have become accustomed too .
Take care - love Sam xxx
Old Sep 6th 2007, 9:31 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Sally, hope everything goes alright for you,I'm sure you will soon get into the swing of things again,do your best to still look in here although I know you will be busy and run ragged ,best of luck