BA

Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default BA

Have you seen that BA are hoping to compete with the Budget Airlines with European flights? Reducing their flight cost by 50%.
I have not yet seen if that will be to Malaga or Almeria which will suit me just nicely, if they truly can compete price wise. But worth a look

pwwm

Last edited by pwwm; Apr 21st 2006 at 8:52 am. Reason: trying to get BA not Ba
Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Amara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really nice
Default Re: Ba

I have just got three quotes for flights to UK from Seville for 2 adults and 3 children in September - As follows

Ryanair to Stansted 863 Euros
Iberia to LGW 860 Euros
BA to LGW 660 Euros

So I am scratching my head as to who is the "budget" airline here??? Oh and you get a free drink with BA too!!
Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Amara

Might be worth waiting re the BA one, it has only just been announced so maybe prices will be dropped. Just guessing here of course. Although as you say they appear to be cheaper then the others.

Re the Budget Airline. quite pleased re the prices as I have always said Ryanair not always the cheapest. In fact I am flying from Malaga to LHR next Thursday with Iberia, cheapest of all and to Heathrow, even better.
Coming back with Easyjet as again they were the cheapest option.

pwwm
Old Apr 21st 2006, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amara
I have just got three quotes for flights to UK from Seville for 2 adults and 3 children in September - As follows

Iberia to LGW 860 Euros
BA to LGW 660 Euros

So I am scratching my head as to who is the "budget" airline here??? Oh and
you get a free drink with BA too!!
just had a quick look while I was on the Ryanair site booking a flight myself for next month.

There are quite a few dates in September available for 2 adults + 3 children Sev to Stanstead for a total 270.95 euros incl taxes etc, and a choice of return flights back to Sev for £200.85 incl
So unless you have to travel on a fixed day there are far cheaper options with them than your quote.

regards
BW.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BA

Originally Posted by pwwm
Have you seen that BA are hoping to compete with the Budget Airlines with European flights?

i'm sure they tried that with their budget airline 'go' just a few yrs ago and couldn't make it.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

Originally Posted by pwwm
Have you seen that BA are hoping to compete with the Budget Airlines with European flights? Reducing their flight cost by 50%.
I have not yet seen if that will be to Malaga or Almeria which will suit me just nicely, if they truly can compete price wise. But worth a look

pwwm
Ba have launched BA Connect , they do not however fly further south than Madrid or Barcelona , now re pricing with most budget airlines the earlier you book the cheaper the flight , Ryanair realising this is in the publics mindset play the game .

Ryanair initially sell at higher prices on the peak periods knowing people will jump right in , the lower prices are kept to Tuesdays and Wednesdays thus filling seats that are harder to sell , nearer the date of flight if people have bought at the higher prices they will stay high , if not the prices fall .

Anyone looking for a cheap flight for September shouldn't be looking at Ryanair until August , for an example of this look at the prices currently on offer for May and June with Ryanair , 2 weeks ago a flight on 31 / 05 back a week later to seville was £2.79 there £2.79 back , whereas if you had jumped in when first available you would have paid a significantly higher price .

I can't understand all this BA is better than Budget chat , sometimes it is sometimes it isn't , look for value whoever it is and if your happy to pay the price you take thats that .

My opinion for what its worth is that todays air travel is like taking a bus , i'm not looking for frills just a lift from A to B, i know what i think is value depending on timing of flight and if i get the value i book and enjoy looking around for that value . In my experience you have more chance of finding that value with Ryanair if you play them at ther own games !
Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh believe me I go with whoever is cheapest, bar one whom shall remain nameless.
Next week Iberia, following week Easyjet. I dont care whom I fly with I was only reporting what came out in the news. Cheap is good, I fly up to England several times a year and have a nose for the cheapest.

pwwm
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

"Go" ended up being bought by EasyJet.

Before I say this, make no mistake, I speak with forked tongue, I use the cheapest flight option available, but truly - I wonder how long this will be sustainable?

It's not just a case of how long can the planet sustain these ludicrously low fares (and they are, often, ridiculous), but how long can these airlines support these loss leaders?
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amara

Iberia to LGW 860 Euros
BA to LGW 660 Euros

So I am scratching my head as to who is the "budget" airline here??? Oh and you get a free drink with BA too!!
Have you also looked at www.skyscanner.net Depending on which day you go it gives variance prices.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 12:22 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by un-mundo
"Go" ended up being bought by EasyJet.

Before I say this, make no mistake, I speak with forked tongue, I use the cheapest flight option available, but truly - I wonder how long this will be sustainable?

It's not just a case of how long can the planet sustain these ludicrously low fares (and they are, often, ridiculous), but how long can these airlines support these loss leaders?

i agree infact made a similar comment a few weeks back... in the usa the days of the budget airlines/ridiculously low fares are long gone...it cannot last in the uk but make the most of it while it's here.