Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte United FC is Born

Ayamonte United FC is Born

Old Dec 20th 2004, 9:19 am
Just Joined

The Guardiana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ayamonte United FC is Born

Saturday 18th December will go down in annals (maybe I've used one too many 'n's in that word ) of history as the day Ayamonte United FC was born.

This friendly match was arranged by The Guardiana newspaper and was in aid of local charity ASIDEM, a handicapped children's charity. Our fledgling team took on the Isla Cristina Veterans but went down 9-2. This is not as bad as first feared as our team only got together for the first time some 20 minutes before kick-off. Isla Cristina Veterans have been playing for many years, week in, week out. We were expecting a cricket score. Our team was made up of guys aged mainly between 30 and 50, although a couple of younger lads joined in too. Isla Cristina's side was made up of guys in their 40's and 50's. It was embarrassing to see our younger lads getting the runaround from blokes aged 55 and 57!!!

Around 19 players turned up for Ayamonte United, but it's safe to say that all 19 won't be playing in future games in 2005, as some players just came to make up numbers in this hastily arranged game. However, we now have a good nucleus of players to build on for games in the New Year as most experessed an interest in playing regularly. Our main problem was really just down to fitness and organisation which can all be worked on for our next game.

Around 40 spectators turned up which was really quite good for a game that recieved hardly any promotion and had a venue switch at the last minute. Around 120 € was raised but this is expected to rise to around 200 € by the New Year.

I'll let you know future match reports and I especially hope we have better results to report on!!! I suppose that when all you people who've bought in the Costa de la Luz Huelva area move in during 2005, the area will be brimming with eager Beckhams and Rooneys wanting to complement our side!!!

Have a photo but don't know how to put it on here - any thoughts?
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte United FC is Born

Originally Posted by The Guardiana
Saturday 18th December will go down in annals (maybe I've used one too many 'n's in that word ) of history as the day Ayamonte United FC was born.

This friendly match was arranged by The Guardiana newspaper and was in aid of local charity ASIDEM, a handicapped children's charity. Our fledgling team took on the Isla Cristina Veterans but went down 9-2. This is not as bad as first feared as our team only got together for the first time some 20 minutes before kick-off. Isla Cristina Veterans have been playing for many years, week in, week out. We were expecting a cricket score. Our team was made up of guys aged mainly between 30 and 50, although a couple of younger lads joined in too. Isla Cristina's side was made up of guys in their 40's and 50's. It was embarrassing to see our younger lads getting the runaround from blokes aged 55 and 57!!!

Around 19 players turned up for Ayamonte United, but it's safe to say that all 19 won't be playing in future games in 2005, as some players just came to make up numbers in this hastily arranged game. However, we now have a good nucleus of players to build on for games in the New Year as most experessed an interest in playing regularly. Our main problem was really just down to fitness and organisation which can all be worked on for our next game.

Around 40 spectators turned up which was really quite good for a game that recieved hardly any promotion and had a venue switch at the last minute. Around 120 € was raised but this is expected to rise to around 200 € by the New Year.

I'll let you know future match reports and I especially hope we have better results to report on!!! I suppose that when all you people who've bought in the Costa de la Luz Huelva area move in during 2005, the area will be brimming with eager Beckhams and Rooneys wanting to complement our side!!!

Have a photo but don't know how to put it on here - any thoughts?
Nearly one year on...
What is the latest score?
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte United FC is Born

Hi Jon,

If it has taken a whole year to get 11 blokes to play football how long will it take to get the web edition of the Guardiana on line?

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by The Guardiana