Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help-moving to chiclana next week

Help-moving to chiclana next week

Old Nov 21st 2005, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

grandscenic010 is a jewel in the roughgrandscenic010 is a jewel in the roughgrandscenic010 is a jewel in the roughgrandscenic010 is a jewel in the rough
Default Help-moving to chiclana next week

Hi Guys
You have been very helpful up to now with various questions I have asked, and I was wondering if anyone knows the answers to the following:-
1) Inland Revenue - is it of benefit to me to tell them before I leave the U.K. that I don't live there anymore, or is there a gap between coming resident in Spain that is also beneficial. What I mean is - is it worth becoming a resident immediately, or say a non resident for 3 months where we can use our EHIC cards (E111) if we need them!
2)Child benefit - at the moment i get it - if i was a non resident for a whilst - would I still get it ?
**Is there any benefits to being a non-resident/resident-in the first instance I mean, we obviously plan to come resident a.s.a.p
Old Nov 21st 2005, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Help-moving to chiclana next week

Originally Posted by grandscenic010
Hi Guys
You have been very helpful up to now with various questions I have asked, and I was wondering if anyone knows the answers to the following:-
1) Inland Revenue - is it of benefit to me to tell them before I leave the U.K. that I don't live there anymore, or is there a gap between coming resident in Spain that is also beneficial. What I mean is - is it worth becoming a resident immediately, or say a non resident for 3 months where we can use our EHIC cards (E111) if we need them!
2)Child benefit - at the moment i get it - if i was a non resident for a whilst - would I still get it ?
**Is there any benefits to being a non-resident/resident-in the first instance I mean, we obviously plan to come resident a.s.a.p
Hello grandscenic010,

If you are planning to live in Spain child benefit is not payable, except in limited instances ie if your are in receipt of a pension. (if you dont inform the relevent department you will still get it).

IR it is up to you if you pay your taxes here or in the UK, if you pay it here then you might be paying it in the UK as well, if I were you I would hold on informing the IR until yoou have settled here in Spain and got the rest of your stuff sorted out.

It could take you up to two years to get your Residencia, there again it could take three months, all depending on what area you apply for it in.

David SR
Old Nov 21st 2005, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Getting residencia in Chiclana (Cadiz) is fairly easy. Usually takes 6 weeks. You should be entitled to an E106 rather than the E111. Remember if you paid tax in the UK and are not working there you should get a tax rebate which is always helpful. whereabouts are you moving to in Chiclana?
Old Nov 21st 2005, 7:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi grandscenic010,

I have posted this message on the Costa Esuri thread earlier today :-

Hi All again,

Just been doing a bit of "silver surfing" checking up on my entitlements and things and thought some of you might be interested in the advice from Government departments contained in the following web pages.

www.hmrc.gov.uk/cnr. for tax and NIC.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/lifeevent/pen...ving_abroad.asp for benifits.

www.thepensionservice.gov.uk/atoz/atozdetailed/livingoverseas.asp for pension matters.

We might not like it but we have to master it to avoid problems later.

Regards,

John.

You have almost left it to late to be doing this but there could be distinct advantages to being non resident anywhere for a time during the move. It is a very complicated area and varies with each individual circumstance.

I am fairly certain that if you tell the inland revenue that you have gone for good then you are no longer entitled to "Benefits" but state pensions are transportable they become tax free in UK but taxable in Spain.

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by grandscenic010
Hi Guys
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:29 am
Just Joined

grandscenic010 is a jewel in the roughgrandscenic010 is a jewel in the roughgrandscenic010 is a jewel in the roughgrandscenic010 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by glynis
Getting residencia in Chiclana (Cadiz) is fairly easy. Usually takes 6 weeks. You should be entitled to an E106 rather than the E111. Remember if you paid tax in the UK and are not working there you should get a tax rebate which is always helpful. whereabouts are you moving to in Chiclana?
Hi Glynis - we are moving to the Rana Verde area, you wouldn't happen to know if there is a nursery school for our child in that area, would you ?
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

No sorry, we are at the wrong end of the age spectrum! In fact I don't know anyone with children of that age. I am sure there must be nursery schools in Chiclana town though. Excellent way for little ones to learn Spanish and become bilingual.