Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte Swimming Pool & Gym

Ayamonte Swimming Pool & Gym

Old May 16th 2009, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Ayamonte Swimming Pool & Gym

Re: Ayamonte Swimming Pool & Gym

On another forum, someone had asked about PAYG for useage of the pool and/or gym.
We visited in April, and the pool looked very good - a good idea when the weather isn't at it's best. The gym looked fairly well equipped, too, with a separate cycling room. (Not that I would know about these things.)
The gentleman at reception spoke very good english, and explained that you could take out a membership or pay as you go. All reasonably priced, yet membership would be more value for money if you were resident.
There is also a cafe at the entrance.

Carol

Last edited by Carol&John; May 16th 2009 at 7:30 am.
Old May 16th 2009, 9:01 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Re: Ayamonte Swimming Pool & Gym

On another forum, someone had asked about PAYG for useage of the pool and/or gym.
We visited in April, and the pool looked very good - a good idea when the weather isn't at it's best. The gym looked fairly well equipped, too, with a separate cycling room. (Not that I would know about these things.)
The gentleman at reception spoke very good english, and explained that you could take out a membership or pay as you go. All reasonably priced, yet membership would be more value for money if you were resident.
There is also a cafe at the entrance.

Carol
is it true that ladies have to wear swimming caps? I'm sure I read this somewhere?
Sharon
Old May 16th 2009, 9:43 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tednsharon
is it true that ladies have to wear swimming caps? I'm sure I read this somewhere?
Sharon
Not only the ladies, men and children as well! And flip-flops...

Swimming pool & the gym are good though.
Old May 18th 2009, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

tonyp is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tednsharon
I heard via another forum that it was due to re-open this week.

Sharon

Did The little shop on Esuri ever re open??
Old May 18th 2009, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tonyp
Have spoke to many people visiting Esuri last week and the shop is not open as of yet.
Old May 18th 2009, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Gemma_Lee is just really niceGemma_Lee is just really niceGemma_Lee is just really niceGemma_Lee is just really niceGemma_Lee is just really niceGemma_Lee is just really niceGemma_Lee is just really niceGemma_Lee is just really nice

Originally Posted by tonyp

Hi, still not open, i live near it.
Gem
Old May 23rd 2009, 9:59 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
Not only the ladies, men and children as well! And flip-flops...

Swimming pool & the gym are good though.
Hi Jur

Sorry to disagree here. I swim and have been looking for a good pool. I cant recommend the ayamonte centre for swimming (I cant comment about the gym - as Im not a user). Its not horrible or anything, but for a few minutes more of a drive I think the pool in VRSA is much better.

I went there expecting an excellent pool as it is so new. It was 2.50 for a swim, but when the guy offered me a 10 ticket deal for 22 with the first swim free (i.e 11 swims for 22 it seemed a good deal). Pool ONLY nothing else.

Firstly all pools now insist on swim caps and 'proper' swimtrunks - not shorts. Im not 100% sure, but no bikinis for women - one piece costumes - I could be wrong about this one

Here are the things I dont like

Hygeine: There is a small communal changing room. with no cublcles. So no privacy. Not a huge deal for me, on its own, but I prefer a cubicle. Same for the women too. Its funny for me to see men in the changing rooms with bath robes, trying to modestly take on and off their underclothes!

As a result people are there in outdoor shoes and in bare feet they walk all over the 'dirty floor'. I always take a pair of flip flops (that I never use outside) even in 'high hygeine' areas, but these are essential here I think. Also there is no footbath before the pool - Ive not seen a pool without one for some decades now. I was surprised.

You need to buy a lock for the lockers. I take my bag into the pool. They havent installed those lockers where you put in a coin and get the key. A bit weird and dated for me.

You only get 1 hour - but how they police that I dont know. I swim for an hour so I am breaking the rules each time, if changing time is included in that hour.

The life guards dont patrol the pool - again not a problem for me but another new thing for me to see.

The VRSA pool is probably a couple of minutes more of a drive even with all the roadworks there. once you know the shortcut. They have in/out 2 door cubicles. You go in with outdoor shoes, and come out of the other door in bare feet, or flip flops - no out door shoes there. A footbath. They have lockers (for wich you have to leave photo ID for a key), you get 90 mins (again I dont know how they police it). Lifeguards visibly on duty. Finally you get use of the sauna and jacuzzi in the price.

Im stuck with my 10 tickets and its not so terrible that I will waste them, but once they are done Im going to VRSA.

Finally both pools were pretty empty in the mornings so Ive never had to share a lane (a luxury) .... and the VRSA pool is more expensive 3.50 with no multi ticket deal - so more expensive. Both are 25m pools with a secondary and good kids pool. There is a pool in Castro Marim, the closest, but for me was too small, I had a look and didnt go in.

Im a bit 'hygeine conscious' perhaps too much so, so it is worth it for me once the tickets are used to go to VRSA.

Happy swimming..

Jon
Old May 23rd 2009, 11:11 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree that it´s not the greatest pool in the world, but I don´t mind it, it´s a big step forward for the town. I don´t see anyone catching footh & mouth In the Ayamonte pool, and there´s two jacuzzi´s ! (free to use)

The time limit is odd, haven´t seen that.

Anyhow, much choice in swimming pools and there´s always the Atlantic.....brrrrrrrrr.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

sandyeo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ayamonte Swimming Pool & Gym

Hi
where is the pool in VRSA? Is it near the tennis complex?
Old Oct 16th 2009, 7:57 am
Just Joined

PamnRay is an unknown quantity at this point

Please can any one give directions to the pools in Castro Marim and VRSA, we have been all over Castro Marim town and could not find one. Thanks PamandRAy
Old Oct 17th 2009, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

hi,
pool in Castro Marim is behind the football pitch. The wall was recently built around it. Parking in main car park (outside Corvo)
Old Oct 17th 2009, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

The pool in VRSA is near the hospital.