Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Dont forget the Avon SSS it worked for all of us in Italy around the lakes and coast.
Lynn
Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

jamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Mossies hate me. Must be the Grimsby fish in my blood.

Now my girlfriend they love. She covers herself in Eau de Deet (anything with Deet in it).

In Australia we discovered strong Citronella candles/oil worked really well.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:58 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Graham G
Hi David & Margaret

I ate Marmite on toast for breakfast every day for the two weeks prior to going over in early June. I had no bites for the first 10 days. Hurrah it worked.Then they made a meal of me! What I had failed to do was continue with the savoury brown spread whilst over there. The effect had in fact worn off. I can vouch that Marmite does work but keep eating it until you go home.

We go out again in 4 weeks time and I've already started to take my immunity.

Graham G
I bumped in to Phil and Kathy this morning, you want to see his legs absolutely covered in bites I will tell him to send them over to your balcony next lol.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
I bumped in to Phil and Kathy this morning, you want to see his legs absolutely covered in bites I will tell him to send them over to your balcony next lol.
Never did like the look of Phil's legs. Tell him to keep the mozzies over his side please.:curse:

How does this compare?
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-image004.jpg  

Last edited by Graham G; Jul 31st 2007 at 1:54 am.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 3:26 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Never did like the look of Phil's legs. Tell him to keep the mozzies over his side please.:curse:

How does this compare?
You know how I always admire your photos Graham ...............but ...Arrghh !!

Mel (tee hee)
Old Jul 31st 2007, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Hi David & Margaret

I ate Marmite on toast for breakfast every day for the two weeks prior to going over in early June. I had no bites for the first 10 days. Hurrah it worked.Then they made a meal of me! What I had failed to do was continue with the savoury brown spread whilst over there. The effect had in fact worn off. I can vouch that Marmite does work but keep eating it until you go home.

We go out again in 4 weeks time and I've already started to take my immunity.

Graham G
Hi
The vit B tablets are just as good as marmite if not better especially if like me you detest marmite. Perfume free toiletries, no perfume or hair spray, and plenty of 'Halley' from the pharmacy in Ayamonte. I was fine last time. I am reluctant to say I have found the solution. I am just more clued up and start protecting myself before I set off. Remember the worst time for bites starts soon I think in September.
Olivia.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by CSR
Sorry to change the subject but OUR WATER IS BACK ON AND THE BATH IS RUNNING WITH HOT WATER...must go I have something important to do.

CSR!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!
How lovely!! Enjoy

Did your home suffer a lot of damage? We've felt so sorry for everyone affected by the recent terrible flooding. It is just too awful to contemplate, losing treasured possessions like that and having to cope with all the repairs.

Hope things are soon looking up for you.

Pat
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:39 am
Rock on

Angie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by olivia
Hi
The vit B tablets are just as good as marmite if not better especially if like me you detest marmite. Perfume free toiletries, no perfume or hair spray, and plenty of 'Halley' from the pharmacy in Ayamonte. I was fine last time. I am reluctant to say I have found the solution. I am just more clued up and start protecting myself before I set off. Remember the worst time for bites starts soon I think in September.
Olivia.
Olivia, not so. I have just ruined two perfectly good bits of toast trying to spread Vit B tablets on them, and unless I am using the wrong technique you are incorrect. The additional advantage of Marmite is it acts as a factor 25-40sunscreen, (depending on depth) and you don't need hairspray - perfect hold. All in all, that simple brown spread is a marvel. Luckily Marmite's My Mate, and no, before peeps worry themselves, I'm not a shareholder.

Hope this helps, Jules
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:49 am
Rock on

Angie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant future

How does this compare?
Graham,

I've looked at this from a number of angles and I give up. What is it? Flyer for Children in Kneed? Remains of a bargain bucket? The missing piece in my Lego crane. Fadesa's idea of a U-bend? I think we should be told.

Good to know that September is the worst time for such sightings. Wouldn't like to have missed them.

Be lucky, mind how you go. Jules
Old Jul 31st 2007, 11:32 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Angie & Jules
Graham,

I've looked at this from a number of angles and I give up. What is it? Flyer for Children in Kneed? Remains of a bargain bucket? The missing piece in my Lego crane. Fadesa's idea of a U-bend? I think we should be told.

Good to know that September is the worst time for such sightings. Wouldn't like to have missed them.

Be lucky, mind how you go. Jules
Jules ,

Stop it this minute Me and Benny cos we know you are trying to contol ourselves laughing (Tommy Cooper comes to mind)
Old Jul 31st 2007, 7:55 pm
CSR
Forum Regular

CSR will become famous soon enoughCSR will become famous soon enough

How does this compare?
Is this a google satellite image? Why are you not wearing Eric Morcombe shorts?

CSR
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hola! Buenos dias a todos,

Hi Cathy, glad to see you've made it out of the bath...was getting a bit worried...
Have you or has anyone made the trip from Seville airport to Ayamonte via the EA bus, then the Damas/Alsina Graells bus? How long was the journey? And which route was taken? I've looked at the beer thread, and there's a good site for spanish airports.
Re: marmite as a sunscreen. Does anyone remember the baby oil with iodine fad?

Hasta luego,
Carol
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Does anyone remember the baby oil with iodine fad?Carol
Worse than that. My dad, God rest his soul, used to coat us kids with a mixture of olive oil and vinegar during the hot summer months. I can still smell it now. I can't go into a chippy to this day without whipping my kecks off and laying on the floor.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
Worse than that. My dad, God rest his soul, used to coat us kids with a mixture of olive oil and vinegar during the hot summer months. I can still smell it now. I can't go into a chippy to this day without whipping my kecks off and laying on the floor.
translation needed please!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
translation needed please!
Hello Carol!!!
I missed you
regards,
marisol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.