Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Autonomo for the first time

Autonomo for the first time

Old Apr 10th 2015, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Homely is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Autonomo for the first time

I have been offered a job on Autonomo for a real estate company..can anyo e tell me if it is worth doing for 1000 Euros per month
Old Apr 10th 2015, 2:50 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Autonomo for the first time

Originally Posted by Homely
I have been offered a job on Autonomo for a real estate company..can anyo e tell me if it is worth doing for 1000 Euros per month
I very much doubt it, you will be classed as self employed and have to pay the Autonomo fee every month, currently €250, it will give you, and you immediate family, i.e. wife and kids, access to Spanish healthcare, but it will cost you every month, so you will have to pay that out of the €1000, and, of course, taxes. So if you can live on what is left after tax and autonomo fee, then yes, go for it.
Old Apr 10th 2015, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I very much doubt it, you will be classed as self employed and have to pay the Autonomo fee every month, currently €250, it will give you, and you immediate family, i.e. wife and kids, access to Spanish healthcare, but it will cost you every month, so you will have to pay that out of the €1000, and, of course, taxes. So if you can live on what is left after tax and autonomo fee, then yes, go for it.
The standard autonomo rate is actuallya round 265 euros per month.

You may be able to qualify for reduced autonomo patients for the first 2 years. Go and talk to seguridad nacional in your area

But anyway, being autonomo with just 1 company is illegal anyway, unless you sign a special TRADE contract

So, 735 euros per month is around minimum wage and with no job security, so miserable. Although I guess there would be commission on top?
Old Apr 10th 2015, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Well the first 3 months is 1,500 per month then drops to 1,000 Euros and yes commission but not sure of rate and being in property it may take ages to get . ..is that true aboutbeing illegal to work Autonomo for one company ?

I'm trying to work out if worth it as at the moment I get 400 Euros a month unemployment benefit... Any other views??
Old Apr 10th 2015, 4:10 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Well the first 3 months is 1,500 per month then drops to 1,000 Euros and yes commission but not sure of rate and being in property it may take ages to get . ..is that true aboutbeing illegal to work Autonomo for one company ?

I'm trying to work out if worth it as at the moment I get 400 Euros a month unemployment benefit... Any other views??
It's the same as in UK - you can't be a contractor for just one company. If you only have one client then your not really a contractor but an employee so it's illegal (but many try and get away with it).
Old Apr 10th 2015, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Oh so would I be in trouble of the company....?

Lots of people I know are Autonomo for one company... Its a way round for the company not to have you locked into a indefinido.
Old Apr 10th 2015, 4:42 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Oh so would I be in trouble of the company....?

Lots of people I know are Autonomo for one company... Its a way round for the company not to have you locked into a indefinido.
It's still illegal, however you may be lucky and not get caught, but then again.. do you feel lucky?..
Old Apr 10th 2015, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

No I don't want to always be watching my back I want a job to earn money but not illegally.... Can't find anything online about it being illegal either!
Old Apr 10th 2015, 5:39 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

No I don't want to always be watching my back I want a job to earn money but not illegally.... Can't find anything online about it being illegal either!
you haven't been offered a job, unless they offer you a proper contract

as cricketman said, you would have to sign a special 'trade contract' in order to have only one client

if you're working as autónomo you have to submit your invoices to hacienda - & they certainly would be asking questions if you only have one client
Old Apr 10th 2015, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

So if I sign a special trade Autonomo will I be OK then ?? So confused :-s
Old Apr 10th 2015, 8:34 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

So if I sign a special trade Autonomo will I be OK then ?? So confused :-s
the company will have to agree to it & the contract registered
Trabajadores autónomos económicamente dependientes | Infoautónomos

googletranslated version cos it's late & I'm tiredhttps://translate.google.es/translat...ct=url&act=url
Old Apr 12th 2015, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

Still don't know what to do...
Old Apr 12th 2015, 3:41 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Still don't know what to do...
... having seen the facts and information, only you can make that decision.