Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Arrogance or what!

Arrogance or what!

Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arrogance or what!

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
No, no, no, thats THE NORTH!
Says the man from Norphuk.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

If Wigan's not the Norf, where the phuk is?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a place where Mimi Greensleeves, Dodgy Debsy and that there Lionda wont find me.
genegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Arrogance or what!

Originally Posted by DebsyW
Isn`t that where they sleep with their cousins and marry their sisters?? .....Or is that Wigan.......?
Preston. How is married life with your brother ??????????
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 11:51 am
Sir
Just Joined

Sir is an unknown quantity at this point

I was accosted in a shopping center the other day by a smiling Spaniard with hand extended for me to shake.
"¿Era niño o niña?" ("Was is a boy or a girl?")he asked.
"I'm sorry. I don't think we know each other." I replied in Spanish.
"Don't you remember?" he explained; "the other day my car was blocking the road and you shouted that your wife was about to give birth and I had to move it a quickly as possible."
"Ah! Yes!" I blushed. "...er, it was a boy thanks."
"Congratulations" he exclaimed, at last letting go my hand which he had been shaking vigorously since stopping me.

I had no wife, never mind a pregnant one, but always found that in Spain the best way to get anybody to stop obstructing the public way was with vague shouts about imminent births! This one had come back to haunt me!
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 12:08 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Bet it will not stop you from using that excuse though!!!!!!

Love the fact that he was so delighted to be part of the event.

rosemary
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by genegenie
Preston. How is married life with your brother ??????????
ha ha cheeky!! Wait until we meet - I have an idea where to put your bun!
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjh
Personally, I think it´s down to the upbringing. If you are told,from a very early age, as most Spanish children are, that they are the best thing since sliced bread, and the best person in the world, then it´s going to breed a certain amount of arrogance, but it´s mostly not malicious. You only have to look at the way people walk on the streets,here in Spain, with their heads held high and their hips swaying, as though they are the most important person around. Personally I find that quite easy to accept, although annoying to deal with. I think we should draw comparisons to some cultures, not least the UK, where children are, at best, ignored by their parents, castigated and told they are worthless.
You have forgotten to say that in the nights of full moon, we have a long tail, horns, and we throw fire by the mouth

Last edited by Relampago; Dec 23rd 2008 at 12:23 am.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 1:17 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonofspain1973
You have forgotten to say that in the nights of full moon, we have a long tail, horns, and we throw fire by the mouth
I've heard that
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 7:12 am
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn´t being disparaging in the slightest. Sorry if it read that way.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a place where Mimi Greensleeves, Dodgy Debsy and that there Lionda wont find me.
genegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Arrogance or what!

Originally Posted by DebsyW
ha ha cheeky!! Wait until we meet - I have an idea where to put your bun!
As long as you pay for it, you can put it where you like.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 9:16 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjh
I wasn´t being disparaging in the slightest. Sorry if it read that way.
Yep, thats the way he takes everything, he is a sophisticated troll for sure............
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, thats the way he takes everything, he is a sophisticated troll for sure............
You are always pursuing me, but I already told you that you don't have hopes with me, that I like women
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 5:15 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

You are always pursuing me, but I already told you that you don't have hopes with me, that I like women
Careful, with comments like that you will reveal a little too much of yourself....
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 5:17 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Careful, with comments like that you will reveal a little too much of yourself....
Hey.........MY thread
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 5:21 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Lionda
Hey.........MY thread
I'm being arrogant, I thought thats what the thread was about.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.