Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Argentinian Tango on the Costa de la Luz!!!!!!!!!!!

Argentinian Tango on the Costa de la Luz!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Feb 24th 2006, 8:52 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold
Default Argentinian Tango on the Costa de la Luz!!!!!!!!!!!

No I haven't lost my sense of place..something I have been learning to do in London. However while driving through the narrow streets of Chiclana ( I know, not very sociable thing to do) I noticed a poster advertising the very same in Chiclana, and couldn't stop to take details. Google has failed me in this instance. If anyone on their ramblas sees the poster would they be kind enough to note and send me the details ?? Further afield would be of interest as well. Cadiz, Jerez ?? Any Tangueros on this forum ??
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Argentinian Tango on the Costa de la Luz!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen this and was interested but I remember it started at 10 pm which for me was just too late!!
Am actually talking to a friend on hotmail at this moment who is very much into this - weird or what.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 11:39 am

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=glynis]I have seen this and was interested but I remember it started at 10 pm which for me was just too late!!
Am actually talking to a friend on hotmail at this moment who is very much into this - weird or what.[/QUOTE
It takes a while to get one's head around it Glynis, but like most interests, once hooked..haven't you got into the Spanish habit of a three hour siesta and staying up late ? If you or your friend find any info, I would love to snoop around and see what they are dancing in Chiclana. Gracias
PS The notion of a tram in Chiclana, especially if it went from Pago to the beach sounds a whizz!!
Old Feb 26th 2006, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=poollounger]
Originally Posted by glynis
I have seen this and was interested but I remember it started at 10 pm which for me was just too late!!
Am actually talking to a friend on hotmail at this moment who is very much into this - weird or what.[/QUOTE
It takes a while to get one's head around it Glynis, but like most interests, once hooked..haven't you got into the Spanish habit of a three hour siesta and staying up late ? If you or your friend find any info, I would love to snoop around and see what they are dancing in Chiclana. Gracias
PS The notion of a tram in Chiclana, especially if it went from Pago to the beach sounds a whizz!!
By the time 10 pm comes so does the wine so wouldn't be in a sober enough state for tangoing!! But will keep my eyes open.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Arco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poollounger
No I haven't lost my sense of place..something I have been learning to do in London. However while driving through the narrow streets of Chiclana ( I know, not very sociable thing to do) I noticed a poster advertising the very same in Chiclana, and couldn't stop to take details. Google has failed me in this instance. If anyone on their ramblas sees the poster would they be kind enough to note and send me the details ?? Further afield would be of interest as well. Cadiz, Jerez ?? Any Tangueros on this forum ??
It seemed like yesterday, not 2 months, that you posted this, Poollounger. I was in the Oficina de Turismo near the footbridge today and saw this flyer. " Cursos de Baile - Flamenco, Alegrias, Bulerias, Sevillanas and.....TANGOS"! So bring those dancin' shoes with you - hang the extra Ryanair charge - and ring May del Pilar for information on 667 417609. She says flexible hours, by the hour, and special prices for groups. Hope Admin. doesn't bin this, as it is a public service. I don't know if it's the sultry Argentinian tango, or that robotic ballroom type.

Happy dancin' feet!
Old Apr 25th 2006, 5:09 pm

Thanks Iris....Not sure if I will have any time for dancing this visit as I have a garden to landscape, but thanks for the info. I was hoping it might me a milonga.. an evening of dance, usually preceded by a class. I shall just have to brush up on my Sevillanas as we head for the Seville feria on Sunday.
Hope the sun is shining tomorrow...still grey and COLD here in London.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Iris....Not sure if I will have any time for dancing this visit as I have a garden to landscape, but thanks for the info. I was hoping it might me a milonga.. an evening of dance, usually preceded by a class. I shall just have to brush up on my Sevillanas as we head for the Seville feria on Sunday.
Hope the sun is shining tomorrow...still grey and COLD here in London.
Weather definitely improving, reckon tomorrow will be warm and sunny.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Argentinian Tango on the Costa de la Luz!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by glynis
Weather definitely improving, reckon tomorrow will be warm and sunny.
Hello Dancers

On holiday last year, prior to becoming a proud home owner, we saw a lovely (fairly elderly and very elegant) couple, dancing Tango and Argentinian dances one evening at La Barossa. Took a short video cos they were so lovely.

Me - I'm into Eqyptian Belly Dancing - anyone else tried this? Its a real hoot!
'Specially if you have the belly for it...... terrific exercise and the music is great too.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by susique
Hello Dancers

On holiday last year, prior to becoming a proud home owner, we saw a lovely (fairly elderly and very elegant) couple, dancing Tango and Argentinian dances one evening at La Barossa. Took a short video cos they were so lovely.

Me - I'm into Eqyptian Belly Dancing - anyone else tried this? Its a real hoot!
'Specially if you have the belly for it...... terrific exercise and the music is great too.
Where in Barossa?? Fortunately I have almost managed to lose the belly I was on the way to acquiring.. but after a week of indulgence it may return...ah to be in the Florentina again!!!
Old Apr 26th 2006, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

Where in Barossa?? Fortunately I have almost managed to lose the belly I was on the way to acquiring.. but after a week of indulgence it may return...ah to be in the Florentina again!!!
On the 'prom' along with the street vendors by the beach. They were dressed in Argentinian costume and had a small ghetto blaster for their music.

Might see you in the Florentina, we are out on Saturday for a few days, although since actually buying a house, we can't afford to eat and drink out much any more!