Reload this Page >

Applying for Permanent Residency

Applying for Permanent Residency

Old Apr 14th 2022, 11:49 am
Just Joined

sfmbarker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for Permanent Residency

Hi All,

Can anyone lend a hand on where to apply for permanent residnecy? For the life of me I cannot find where to do it.

To clarify my situation - I am living and working in Valencia, and have been here now for over 5 years and thus qualify for permanent residency. When Brexit rolled around I got the TIE card but it is only the temporary kind (5 years) and would now like to upgrade to permanent residency. I have worked out how to get an appointment in my regional police station to have my prints taken but they say my application must first be approved before making the appointment - but give no information about how to make the application. I've read it can be done online but have not found out where.

Many thanks to you all in advance!

Sam
Old Apr 14th 2022, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for Permanent Residency

I can't answer your question but I used these guys to help sort of my NIE a couple of years back and they were incredibly helpful.

https://www.nievalencia.com/en/
Old Apr 14th 2022, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-i...1-january-2021
Old Apr 14th 2022, 2:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you hold a green residency card and exchange it for a new style TIE card? Or were you here without a residency card and obtained residency via the new TIE card? I exchanged my green card which I had held for two years but the new TIE card shows valid from date it was issued and valid for 5 years temporary. It may well be possible to challenge that as there must somewhere be a record of the 2 years previous I had been resident. It makes no difference to me so after current 5 years are up I'll renew for permanent. I would guess they need authorisation and proof of 5 years legal residence before issuing a permeant TIE . I'm sorry but I don't know how you do that other than refer to original green residency start date.
Old Apr 14th 2022, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the suggestions! I had a green paper card before, but changed up for the TIE on the understnading that it was compulsory.

I've read now on another website that they won't let you renew from temporary to permanent unless the temporary card has expired. None the less I'd like to give it a shot.
Old Apr 14th 2022, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

It has never been, nor is it now, compulsory to exchange a residencia for a TIE.

I have a friend who changed her temporary TIE for a permanent one, I'll try and find out the process she went through.

"I've read now on another website that they won't let you renew from temporary to permanent unless the temporary card has expired"

Where is that?
Old Apr 14th 2022, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

airways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sfmbarker
Thanks for the suggestions! I had a green paper card before, but changed up for the TIE on the understnading that it was compulsory.

I've read now on another website that they won't let you renew from temporary to permanent unless the temporary card has expired. None the less I'd like to give it a shot.

They will not do it. All new TIE are being issued as temporary under the withdrawal agreement. When it expires it will automatically become permanent on renewal is what everyone I know has been told.
Old Apr 14th 2022, 4:09 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by airways
They will not do it. All new TIE are being issued as temporary under the withdrawal agreement. When it expires it will automatically become permanent on renewal is what everyone I know has been told.
Well... my TIE's permanent, I've been here for 20 years.
Old Apr 14th 2022, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

airways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DLC
Well... my TIE's permanent, I've been here for 20 years.

I am on about people who have been issued temporary ones who have been here longer than 5 years but still were given a temporary one...... I am guessing its to do with when people registered and the amount of evidence they gave to get the TIE.
Old Apr 14th 2022, 4:14 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Another poster's talked to Extranjería where he lives but got nowhere. Maybe you'll have better luck in your region. Links:

Latest figures from the Spanish Government - TIE uptake

TIE renewal of card
Old Apr 14th 2022, 4:15 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

I am on about people who have been issued temporary ones who have been here longer than 5 years but still were given a temporary one...... I am guessing its to do with when people registered and the amount of evidence they gave to get the TIE.
Ah. Yes, I can imagine they would use the date on the padron so everyone who registered late has temporary residency.
Old Apr 14th 2022, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Not if your green card was issued as permanent. I know people who changed green permanent to permanent TIE no problem. New Temporary TIE is issued temp from issue date so you have to start the 5 years over again it would seem.

Last edited by bobd22; Apr 14th 2022 at 4:54 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2022, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
Not if your green card was issued as permeant. I know people who changed green permanent to permanent TIE no problem. New Temporary TIE is issued temp from issue date so you have to start the 5 years over again it would seem.
My husband and I changed our green cards to the permanent ones and then swapped those for the TIE in February 2021, our TIEs are the permanent ones but I understand will need to be renewed after 10 years.
Old Apr 14th 2022, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lynn R
My husband and I changed our green cards to the permanent ones and then swapped those for the TIE in February 2021, our TIEs are the permanent ones but I understand will need to be renewed after 10 years.
That's right Lynn the 10 years is like UK driving licence not really a renewal but they want an upto date photo.
Old Apr 14th 2022, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

I know people who got the permanent TIE too, but they were already permanent residents before.

When I did y TIE I hadn't done the 5 years here legally so it made sense that it would come temporary. But now that it's been 5 years since I got the padron (and I've been working throught the time) I thought I'd be able to update it. I'm not sure it gives you much more in the way of rights, but I'd like the status

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.