Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ANYONE IN VILLALONGA?

ANYONE IN VILLALONGA?

Old Jul 7th 2007, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ANYONE IN VILLALONGA?

Originally Posted by squelch
Hi Silverchick, whereabouts is the school you are sending Isacc too? Megan is very worried about changing schools and would be good for her to have a mix of children, the odd english child would make the process a little easier, I hope!
How did the viewing go the other day?
In my experience its better not to have any English children in the same class, of course its handy from a translation point of view at first but they will stick together rather than intergratin with the Spanish kids - my son came on leaps and bounds once the other English boy in his class left the school
Old Jul 7th 2007, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spain
In my experience its better not to have any English children in the same class, of course its handy from a translation point of view at first but they will stick together rather than intergratin with the Spanish kids - my son came on leaps and bounds once the other English boy in his class left the school
Could not agree more.You have to be a little cruel to be kind my little one started school in Gandia when there were no other English kids in the school she was speaking passable Castillano in just over a month.We are back in the UK at the moment and she has just taken her GCSE at 13 and her teacher expects she will get an A (would be shocked if she did'nt)
Old Jul 7th 2007, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
You have to be a little cruel to be kind
yes, its so hard though isnt it, I think I cried everyday for a whole week when he started school - asking myself what I was putting him through but now over 4 years on and he is so happy, doing OK at school and has lots of friends and a busy social life ( once, a new teacher to the school commented how good his English )
Old Jul 7th 2007, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

squelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura about

I know what you are saying is right, but it does make you feel mean taking them away from thier friends and there safety net, however Megan is already learning french and dutch in her school at present and is always happy to try and speak spanish when we are out there. I guess I need more faith in my kid
Is the Santa Ana school state or private?

Last edited by squelch; Jul 7th 2007 at 1:58 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know what you are saying is right, but it does make you feel mean taking them away from thier friends and there safety net, however Megan is already learning french and dutch in her school at present and is always happy to try and speak spanish when we are out there. I guess I need more faith in my kid
dont worry Im sure she will be fine, she is young enough to adjust

I think Santa Ana is semi private, not too sure
Old Jul 7th 2007, 6:46 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

Sorry for late reply been slaving over a hot till all day!!
Yes I think its private, but its noot like private here, you buy books uniform, music lessons etc.
It would be great for our kids to have at least a familiar face around, good excuse to meet up before we go!!
Off to part now got me gladrags on!!
will write more later!!
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

squelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura about

HI, am coming over to spain tomorrow for a few days, how did you organise the look around the school Silverchick? Also does anyone know anything about the bar/restaurant in La Llacuna, what its reputation was or did anyone ever go there
Old Jul 11th 2007, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

HI, am coming over to spain tomorrow for a few days, how did you organise the look around the school Silverchick? Also does anyone know anything about the bar/restaurant in La Llacuna, what its reputation was or did anyone ever go there
I never went there myself but from memory (and I could be wrong) its had a couple of owners and wasnt that great - but you know how things get twisted so its only what I was told

I think its been on the market fro quite a while now ?
Old Jul 11th 2007, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTing him through but now over 4 years on and he is so happy, doing OK at school and has lots of friends and a busy social life ( once, a new teacher to the school commented how good his English )[/QUOTE]
Yep when I became a parent never realised you needed a ruthless streak.We did it twice in France and Spain and other than a facial twitch she seems OK
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:10 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
[QUOTing him through but now over 4 years on and he is so happy, doing OK at school and has lots of friends and a busy social life ( once, a new teacher to the school commented how good his English )
Yep when I became a parent never realised you needed a ruthless streak.We did it twice in France and Spain and other than a facial twitch she seems OK[/QUOTE]

That made me laugh!! (hope it was a joke???)
The old adage cruel to be kind comes to mind, but its really for a better life in the long run, I just think we are so used to mollycoddling our kids and when we need to do stuff like this it makes us feel terrible, even though generally they will be fine in the end.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

I,m beginning not too feel so bad about it, I met a youngish girl that goes to Santa Anna this morning before I came home and she loves the school and the lifestyle. My OH likes the property that I had already seen so bar a few technical questions that we are waiting for replies on we may make an offer at the end of the week all being well, finger, toes, knees, eyes and anything else crossed
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

I,m beginning not too feel so bad about it, I met a youngish girl that goes to Santa Anna this morning before I came home and she loves the school and the lifestyle. My OH likes the property that I had already seen so bar a few technical questions that we are waiting for replies on we may make an offer at the end of the week all being well, finger, toes, knees, eyes and anything else crossed
good news, excellent - this part of Spain is lovely, sure you will love it here
Old Jul 21st 2007, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Does anyone know the cost of school fees at Santa Anna in Villalonga, if not any idea how I find out now that schools out for summer
Old Jul 21st 2007, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Does anyone know the cost of school fees at Santa Anna in Villalonga, if not any idea how I find out now that schools out for summer
wonder if its worth emailing them ? there are still people at our school so you might be lucky that someone will look at it before September

or perhaps try the town hall in Villalonga ?

Last edited by spain; Jul 21st 2007 at 5:22 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 9:54 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

my girls are so much happier here than they ever were in the UK or the US

they really seem to be so much more outgoing & confident

sometimes it's a struggle here, but I really do believe it's worth it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.