Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ANYONE IN VILLALONGA?

ANYONE IN VILLALONGA?

Old Jul 6th 2007, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

squelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura about
Default ANYONE IN VILLALONGA?

Hi, does anyone live in villalonga or surrounding areas? What are the good and not so good points of that area?
Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ANYONE IN VILLALONGA?

Originally Posted by squelch
Hi, does anyone live in villalonga or surrounding areas? What are the good and not so good points of that area?
Im about 10 mins drive from Villalonga

ours is a small village, 10 mins from the beach and Gandia

Since we have been here Gandia and the roads have been improved a lot - there is a large shopping centre now and a new El corte Ingles is opening opposite very soon

there have in the past been some "un-savouries" in Villalonga but think they have all gone back to England now

there are a couple of schools plus the institute which my son will be going to next year

have you been to Villalonga before ? it has all the usual amenities and a Mercadona

the nearest beach is Gandia and it is BEAUTIFUL

Mitzyboy is in Oliva not far from Villalonga and Mrs Eddie, Silverchick is moving there in October - so sure they will be able to give you some other info

is it on your short list then ?
Old Jul 6th 2007, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

squelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura about

Hi Spain, I have visited the mountain area La Llacuna a few times and know whereabouts Silverchick is moving to. I just hav'nt had much time to spend in Villalonga itself. There is a property in the same area as Silverchick that ticks all my boxes and I am finally coming over with my hubbie next week for him to have a look but again on this occasion we probably wont get to spend much time in Villalonga itself. I have visited the beach at Gandia and I most def agree that it is beautiful. I was fortunate enough to spend a week in Oliva a month ago and drove around many areas but stupidly did not go back to Villalonga, I really need to, as I have a 8yr daughter to place in school. I will have to make another trip over if my OH likes the property I do, so that I can look around the school. But just had a thought, have they broke up now for the hols, if so I guess I wont get to see the schools this time around.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squelch
Hi Spain, I have visited the mountain area La Llacuna a few times and know whereabouts Silverchick is moving to. I just hav'nt had much time to spend in Villalonga itself. There is a property in the same area as Silverchick that ticks all my boxes and I am finally coming over with my hubbie next week for him to have a look but again on this occasion we probably wont get to spend much time in Villalonga itself. I have visited the beach at Gandia and I most def agree that it is beautiful. I was fortunate enough to spend a week in Oliva a month ago and drove around many areas but stupidly did not go back to Villalonga, I really need to, as I have a 8yr daughter to place in school. I will have to make another trip over if my OH likes the property I do, so that I can look around the school. But just had a thought, have they broke up now for the hols, if so I guess I wont get to see the schools this time around.

yes they broke up a couple of weeks ago but the teachers at our school are still their most days so it might be worth popping into the schools in Villalonga if you get a chance
Old Jul 6th 2007, 9:20 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

Hi !!
Its reassuring to know I think, that the agents we are using(Nicks partners) actually live in the village itself, so i think thats a good recommendation!
We've decided to send Isaac to the school where they stay from infants right through to senior, a change to our original plan, but we've heard, academically its the better of the two schools, a mistake i made with my eldest son, thinking it was better for him to be in top stream of the local comp than push for the grammar a decision I've regretted ever since!
I love the village itself, although there are no restaurants as such, lots of cafe bars, and an ice cream parlour!! can't be bad! then Gandia is so close which is just lovely loads of places to eat drink and shop. Fab beaches, I particularly like Oliva beach, wonderful for younger kids as its so safe.
I can't wait!!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by silverchick
Hi !!
Its reassuring to know I think, that the agents we are using(Nicks partners) actually live in the village itself, so i think thats a good recommendation!
We've decided to send Isaac to the school where they stay from infants right through to senior, a change to our original plan, but we've heard, academically its the better of the two schools, a mistake i made with my eldest son, thinking it was better for him to be in top stream of the local comp than push for the grammar a decision I've regretted ever since!
I love the village itself, although there are no restaurants as such, lots of cafe bars, and an ice cream parlour!! can't be bad! then Gandia is so close which is just lovely loads of places to eat drink and shop. Fab beaches, I particularly like Oliva beach, wonderful for younger kids as its so safe.
I can't wait!!
is that Santa Anna ? another family we know are putting their children in there

a while back there were lots of English kids at the school but I think now most have returned to England - its Castellano rather than Valenciano isnt it ?? ( with Valenciano taught as the second language)
Old Jul 6th 2007, 9:42 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Theyve just re surfaced the road up to Villalonga .... I wish they would do ours!

I've only been there once on the way to the mountains behind which are absolutely wonderful.

Theres a picture in my gallary of some mountains and some flowers in the foreground ... thats behind villalonga
Old Jul 6th 2007, 9:48 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by spain
is that Santa Anna ? another family we know are putting their children in there

a while back there were lots of English kids at the school but I think now most have returned to England - its Castellano rather than Valenciano isnt it ?? ( with Valenciano taught as the second language)
Yes thats the one. I went there at Easter, the Head said thee were American, Dutch, English and I think German children too.
I thought it looked a bit stark, not any posters etc on walls, but the Head is lovely, all the kids run up to hug her!! Can you imagine that in England?
I think kids go there from quite a way away because its a very good school.
I think they do teach Valenciano, but its Castellano in the main.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 9:50 pm
Fed up in England!!

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Theyve just re surfaced the road up to Villalonga .... I wish they would do ours!

I've only been there once on the way to the mountains behind which are absolutely wonderful.

Theres a picture in my gallary of some mountains and some flowers in the foreground ... thats behind villalonga
The house we are buying is up the mountain and the views are breathtaking.from our bacg garden there are views of the mountains too. Theres also a park area there, i'm anticipating lots of walking!!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 10:03 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

The house we are buying is up the mountain and the views are breathtaking.from our bacg garden there are views of the mountains too. Theres also a park area there, i'm anticipating lots of walking!!

Watch out for the wild boar then
Old Jul 6th 2007, 10:09 pm
Fed up in England!!

god that'll be just the excuse his gingeness wants for getting a crossbow!! Spit roast boar anyone???
Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

and the snakes was out walking the dog in the orange groves last week and saw one I RAN A MILE !!!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Spit roast boar anyone???
BBQ at yours then
Old Jul 7th 2007, 8:49 am
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold

I viewed a place in Villalonga a few years ago, the pictures of the house were wonderful. We walked in and it was on a sheer drop down to the river, it was dirty, smelled of cat's piss and in need of redecoration. We stayed about 5 minutes and as we left the owner was running down the road after us, dropping the price every few yards. Needless to say we didn't buy it but I suggested that the photographer should be nominated for some awards
Old Jul 7th 2007, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Hi Silverchick, whereabouts is the school you are sending Isacc too? Megan is very worried about changing schools and would be good for her to have a mix of children, the odd english child would make the process a little easier, I hope!
How did the viewing go the other day?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.