Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone set up a new business in Spain?

Anyone set up a new business in Spain?

Old Mar 11th 2007, 10:50 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone set up a new business in Spain?

Originally Posted by montgomail
You've got me thinking now Mrs Eddie - bit unusual for me on a sunny Sunday morning! I was conjuring up a picture of all the lorries thundering through Oliva on the 332 (not the nicest image of Oliva, granted) and wondered do they have truck stops like the UK. Maybe you could set up Oliva's own "Giggling Sausage" ... or perhaps that's not quite what you had in mind.
Ooerr Missus Not while Mr E's away surely
Old Mar 11th 2007, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
Thank you for your thoughts. I think we had virtually covered everything you had thought of. We have enough money put by for one year if we run at a loss for that length of time. After that we panic!!

The lady who has the premises now looks virtually empty with only pickles, chutneys and jams on display. She was having problems getting goods throught customs. And as for the cheese I dont think she was getting enough English people through the door as she was only selling English cheeses. She sold around Christmas time for those English people who lived here and missed their speciality cheeses and chutneys but I have to confess that time is the only time that I used to buy them myself in England.
Friends of mine took over premises from an English lady that had not been successful. She had set up a tea room which was the wrong establishment for the area. They are now running a restaurant which has been very busy from the start: it doesn't rely on tourist trade so they are actually less busy in the summer months.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs eddie
Ummmmmm they do Roast Dinners aswell????? Think I may be spoilt for choice...

Thanks hun...I do intend to research the prices well....

Looking forward to going to Javea, as not yet been....want to see the port aswell...thanks for all your advice guys x
thats the trouble I have too - tooooo much choice

they offer everything from curry to paella, salads to roasts

also do a very cheap breakfast 1.25 which I have had but didnt rate that much
Old Mar 11th 2007, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
Ooerr Missus Not while Mr E's away surely
That's a point - I seriously had been considering it from a busines angle although I realise Mrs Eddie (and Mr Eddie) might think it's a dreadful idea.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spain

also do a very cheap breakfast 1.25 which I have had but didnt rate that much
I don't rate the free wine either - but it's okay for cooking.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

I don't rate the free wine either - but it's okay for cooking.
no its not great - but chuck in some sprite and its not too bad - other than that always comes in handy to clean the drains
Old Mar 11th 2007, 2:37 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
no its not great - but chuck in some sprite and its not too bad - other than that always comes in handy to clean the drains
Good idea - never waste alcohol
Old Mar 11th 2007, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Friends of mine took over premises from an English lady that had not been successful. She had set up a tea room which was the wrong establishment for the area. They are now running a restaurant which has been very busy from the start: it doesn't rely on tourist trade so they are actually less busy in the summer months.
Thank you for your input - makes me feel a bit easier!!!
xxx
Old Mar 11th 2007, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

You've got me thinking now Mrs Eddie - bit unusual for me on a sunny Sunday morning! I was conjuring up a picture of all the lorries thundering through Oliva on the 332 (not the nicest image of Oliva, granted) and wondered do they have truck stops like the UK. Maybe you could set up Oliva's own "Giggling Sausage" ... or perhaps that's not quite what you had in mind.
The non toll coast road through Valencia has many truck stops with cafes/restaurants and quite a few brothels as well.

Now that's an idea....
Old Mar 11th 2007, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
I wish you well in your venture! Don't forget you will need to sit your Food Handling/Hygiene (carnet de manipulador de alimentos) exam (in Spanish).

I don't think any of the "Living in the Sun" participants would have taken that!!
Old Mar 12th 2007, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys......

You are all sooo funny, logged in this morning and gigglying at the posts.

Ummmm, great idea about the truck stops but I'm far too timid and shy for the trucker types .....

We went to Scallops in Javea yesterday, and had lunch there....outside in the sun....it was lovely. Was surprised at the size of the restaurant....was expecting something smaller.

The meal was lovely - great value and I even applied for a job....sooo heeding your advice. Although 40 mins each way is a bit of a worry so need to take cost and time into account.

Couldn't believe how many English were in Javea....

It's a lovely place, drove around to see the port as recommended also, it was beautiful. We are going to take our friends there and have a few drinks in a lovely bar overlooking it.

As too our plans, talking it thru with a marketing/project manager here in Spain who is a friend.....see what she thinks of it.....

I'm a bit concerned at the amount of hours will would be working......came to Spain to have more family life and see more of eachother etc... this is kinda defeating that objective.

Sooooo confused
Old Mar 12th 2007, 8:38 am
Popping in for a chat

Hi guys......

You are all sooo funny, logged in this morning and gigglying at the posts.

Ummmm, great idea about the truck stops but I'm far too timid and shy for the trucker types .....

We went to Scallops in Javea yesterday, and had lunch there....outside in the sun....it was lovely. Was surprised at the size of the restaurant....was expecting something smaller.

The meal was lovely - great value and I even applied for a job....sooo heeding your advice. Although 40 mins each way is a bit of a worry so need to take cost and time into account.

Couldn't believe how many English were in Javea....

It's a lovely place, drove around to see the port as recommended also, it was beautiful. We are going to take our friends there and have a few drinks in a lovely bar overlooking it.

As too our plans, talking it thru with a marketing/project manager here in Spain who is a friend.....see what she thinks of it.....

I'm a bit concerned at the amount of hours will would be working......came to Spain to have more family life and see more of eachother etc... this is kinda defeating that objective.

Sooooo confused
Whatever you decide Mrs E -don't let it interfere with your family life You may be better to go into this with a partner who you can rely on to keep your hours down. Wish I could go into this with you, pity we will be too far away. Keep us informed if you do go ahead
Old Mar 12th 2007, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Whatever you decide Mrs E -don't let it interfere with your family life You may be better to go into this with a partner who you can rely on to keep your hours down. Wish I could go into this with you, pity we will be too far away. Keep us informed if you do go ahead
Thanks babe....you are so lovely.

Yeah a partner would be a brill idea.....as I do think this is a viable business opportunity but it might be too big for just us....as the kids are 4 yrs and 2 yrs old.

Weekends and evenings is family time for us and it wouldn't be fair to any of us to sacrifice that too much.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggghhhhhhhh
Old Mar 12th 2007, 8:45 am
Popping in for a chat

Thanks babe....you are so lovely.

Yeah a partner would be a brill idea.....as I do think this is a viable business opportunity but it might be too big for just us....as the kids are 4 yrs and 2 yrs old.

Weekends and evenings is family time for us and it wouldn't be fair to any of us to sacrifice that too much.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggghhhhhhhh
Enjoy your children while they are young - they grow up far too quickly
Old Mar 12th 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Enjoy your children while they are young - they grow up far too quickly
Yeah I know......altho yesterday in Scallops...we did wish their lives away as Issy (2yr old) was sooooooooooooooooo badly behaved.....winding up Sam - her 4yr old brother.....

Sunday lunch was stressful....we found ourselves looking longily at a couple enjoying some peaceful time, they were laughing...relaxed....we just looked at eachother and grinned.....Mr E said "Only another 18 years or so then that'll be us "....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.