Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone living in or around Palamos?

Anyone living in or around Palamos?

Old May 17th 2009, 10:54 am
Just Joined

tpiace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone living in or around Palamos?

Just wondering if there are any English speaking people living in or around Palamos.
I just moved here from Australia and would really love to meet some ex pats living here.

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 18th 2009 at 11:02 am.
Old May 18th 2009, 5:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone living in or around Palamos?

Originally Posted by tpiace
Just wondering if there are any English speaking people living in or around Palamos.
I just moved here from Australia and would really love to meet some ex pats living here.

Hi, not me I'm afraid but as a general answer, yes there are... (depending on your definition of near!) My late aunt used to live in Calonge, my cousin still has the house and the family had many many English speaking (also many Spanish) friends in the area. I know this doesn't actually help you but I'm sure you'll find some in due course.
Old May 18th 2009, 11:04 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

After a short while in most cases you cringe as the male with the sandals and white socks approaches, I tend to stay away from the Ex-Pat.See pic below at the local Palamos football match.

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:38 am.
Old May 18th 2009, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
After a short while in most cases you cringe as the male with the sandals and white socks approaches, I tend to stay away from the Ex-Pat.See pic below at the local Palamos football match.

....to be fair, although she mentioned the word ex-pat, tpiace did simply say English speaking people, and some of our best friends down here are Dutch, who generally don't wear sandals and white socks, and who largely speak far better English than many Brits!
Old May 28th 2009, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for everyones replies... Esp the picture!! haha ;-P

Fiona... my partner is dutch and we also have many dutch friends here...
Old May 28th 2009, 1:04 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for everyones replies... Esp the picture!! haha ;-P

Fiona... my partner is dutch and we also have many dutch friends here...
So why you original post ? You were asking for English speaking people remember ?
Old May 28th 2009, 1:21 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jur
So why you original post ? You were asking for English speaking people remember ?

I think you will find if you read the first post that it was ex-pats that they were looking for.
Old May 28th 2009, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by CBANDY
I think you will find if you read the first post that it was ex-pats that they were looking for.

..... actually, both English speaking and ex-pats were mentioned in the same post, so maybe they want to expand their circle of English speaking ex-pat acquaintances/friends. thumbs up smiley's gone awol...!!!
Old May 28th 2009, 1:45 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
..... actually, both English speaking and ex-pats were mentioned in the same post, so maybe they want to expand their circle of English speaking ex-pat acquaintances/friends. thumbs up smiley's gone awol...!!!

Old May 28th 2009, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

I did mention ex-pats in my first post.... i am new to all this "forum" stuff so maybe i didn't use the right terms... but am basically looking for ANY english speaking people.... hehe

As mentioned i have just moved here, even though i have a few dutch (english speaking) friends i am keen to get to know some more people.

My partner is a professionl sportsman so is away a lot, would just be nice to get to know as many people as i can. Not easy when i dont speak much spanish to get to know the "locals"....
Would love to know other peoples experiences of living in spain, the area ect...

Old May 28th 2009, 2:51 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I did mention ex-pats in my first post.... i am new to all this "forum" stuff so maybe i didn't use the right terms... but am basically looking for ANY english speaking people.... hehe

As mentioned i have just moved here, even though i have a few dutch (english speaking) friends i am keen to get to know some more people.

My partner is a professionl sportsman so is away a lot, would just be nice to get to know as many people as i can. Not easy when i dont speak much spanish to get to know the "locals"....
Would love to know other peoples experiences of living in spain, the area ect...

He`s not that dodgy Dutch goalkeeper from last night is he ? lol
Old May 28th 2009, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jdr

but not every time
Old May 28th 2009, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

BA HAHA ..... No
Old May 28th 2009, 7:18 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
He`s not that dodgy Dutch goalkeeper from last night is he ? lol
Don´t even go there jdr. I had to drink Cava through gritted teeth last night with our neighbours because they support Barcelona and me, well I´m from Manchester