Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone know of the E111 Spanish Equivalent?

Anyone know of the E111 Spanish Equivalent?

Old Oct 26th 2005, 8:40 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Marbella
Posts: 223
j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future
Default Anyone know of the E111 Spanish Equivalent?

I have heard that if you live in Spain there is a card or papers you can get which is similar to the E111 for when you travel from Spain. Has anyone heard of this or got it? Im on the Costa Del Sol. Can anyone help, i am going away in 2 weeks!
j0197 is offline  
Old Oct 26th 2005, 10:30 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
countryboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Sax, Nr Elda Alicante.
Posts: 223
countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anyone know of the E111 Spanish Equivalent?

Originally Posted by j0197
I have heard that if you live in Spain there is a card or papers you can get which is similar to the E111 for when you travel from Spain. Has anyone heard of this or got it? Im on the Costa Del Sol. Can anyone help, i am going away in 2 weeks!
Hello jo197,
Have you got a SIP card? and a redicenca? then you will not need anything else if you produce these cards anywhere in the EU you will get emergancy treatment.

David SR
countryboy is offline  
Old Oct 26th 2005, 10:33 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Marbella
Posts: 223
j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone know of the E111 Spanish Equivalent?

Originally Posted by countryboy
Hello jo197,
Have you got a SIP card? and a redicenca? then you will not need anything else if you produce these cards anywhere in the EU you will get emergancy treatment.

David SR
Is SIP social security card? If so yes but residencia, i am waiting for, i have paperwork of application.
j0197 is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2005, 12:35 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
countryboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Sax, Nr Elda Alicante.
Posts: 223
countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anyone know of the E111 Spanish Equivalent?

Originally Posted by j0197
Is SIP social security card? If so yes but residencia, i am waiting for, i have paperwork of application.
SIP card is like the new NHS E111 (now a plastic credit type, came into force July 2005) and is for health service here in Spain. You can get one of these cards by first visiting your local Town Hall and getting a padron, then go to your local health centre with your passport and ask for a SIP card, you will be given a cardboard one as a temp card then about three weeks later you will get your plastic one.

A Residencia can, and often does, take ages to get but you will need this if you are planning a trip to any EU country and become ill, Long term illnesses or known ailments come under a different cover and must be insured against by a policy. You will not be refused treatment, but with long term and known ailments you will have to pay for the treatment.

If your Long term Illness causes you problems with travel or you have to be returned to your country of origin and you are not insured you will face bills of thousands of euros, while traveling in EU countries. Your insurance will cover you in this event.
countryboy is offline  
Old Oct 28th 2005, 4:08 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
meseta's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: UAE
Posts: 142
meseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anyone know of the E111 Spanish Equivalent?

Originally Posted by countryboy
SIP card is like the new NHS E111 (now a plastic credit type, came into force July 2005) and is for health service here in Spain. You can get one of these cards by first visiting your local Town Hall and getting a padron, then go to your local health centre with your passport and ask for a SIP card, you will be given a cardboard one as a temp card then about three weeks later you will get your plastic one.

A Residencia can, and often does, take ages to get but you will need this if you are planning a trip to any EU country and become ill, Long term illnesses or known ailments come under a different cover and must be insured against by a policy. You will not be refused treatment, but with long term and known ailments you will have to pay for the treatment.

If your Long term Illness causes you problems with travel or you have to be returned to your country of origin and you are not insured you will face bills of thousands of euros, while traveling in EU countries. Your insurance will cover you in this event.

We called into the social security office near Corte Ingles in Malaga yesterday, presented our Spanish Social Security cards and in about 2 minutes were given our new shiney tarjeta sanitaria europea cards valid for a year ! Great service !
meseta is offline  
Old Oct 28th 2005, 6:35 pm
  #6  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Marbella
Posts: 223
j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone know of the E111 Spanish Equivalent?

Originally Posted by meseta
We called into the social security office near Corte Ingles in Malaga yesterday, presented our Spanish Social Security cards and in about 2 minutes were given our new shiney tarjeta sanitaria europea cards valid for a year ! Great service !
Well, Im going to try that next week! Thank you very much. Just my social security card I need then? not residencia card?

By the way, the link from your signature isnĀ“t working! think you need http etc
j0197 is offline  
Old Oct 28th 2005, 8:46 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
meseta's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: UAE
Posts: 142
meseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anyone know of the E111 Spanish Equivalent?

hi j,

that's all we were asked for; I'd take the kitchen sink though, in case.

Good luck,

and thank you for the signature info, all should work now.

Cheers.
meseta is offline  
Old Nov 7th 2005, 12:55 pm
  #8  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Marbella
Posts: 223
j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone know of the E111 Spanish Equivalent?

Today I got my Tarjeta de Sanitarious Europea card!

I went to the Social Security office in Marbella. It has to be a C.A.I.S.S. office. The address for the one in Marbella is Plaza de las Legonitas close to the old town.

We walked in and took a ticket number. Waited about 45 mins. We needed just our Social Security Card and NIE Paperwork although I did take everything with me just in case.

I got my cards there and then and they are valid for one year.

Thank you for your replys and help, and hope this helps anyone else who needs to get a Health Card.
j0197 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.