Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone in the know?

Anyone in the know?

Old Mar 15th 2008, 8:50 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in the know?

I have been prescribed 600mg Ibruprohen and just wondered if I can take co-codamol with it? I have asked a couple of people and some say yes and some say no so any help will be appreciated.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:08 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in the know?

Originally Posted by Same Difference
I have been prescribed 600mg Ibruprohen and just wondered if I can take co-codamol with it? I have asked a couple of people and some say yes and some say no so any help will be appreciated.

Morning SD
Sorry to hear youre not so good - i hope its not self inflicted - some say to take one of each coz one helps with the pain and one helps with inflammation - any help
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:10 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

My immediate reaction was NO. I have now looked both up and would think that they are such strong compounds in their own right that I would not recommend mixing them. Make sure that you only take Ibruprofen after food because if yoy take them any other time they can strip you stomach lining very quickly.

Rosemary
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:10 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Other than that i know absolutely nothing
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:12 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Co-codamol contains paracetamol and I am pretty sure you cant take paracetamol and Ibuprophen together.

Look here, its about Tylenol I know but that's its trade name in the states.

http://www.drugs.com/pdr/tylenol-with-codeine.html
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Morning SD
Sorry to hear youre not so good - i hope its not self inflicted - some say to take one of each coz one helps with the pain and one helps with inflammation - any help
No its not self inflicted I was at the hospital most of yesterday and Ive got Mastitis Ive got to go for a mamogram in 10 days because they may need to operate as they think there maybe a lump or a cyst there.

Originally Posted by The Oddities
My immediate reaction was NO. I have now looked both up and would think that they are such strong compounds in their own right that I would not recommend mixing them. Make sure that you only take Ibruprofen after food because if yoy take them any other time they can strip you stomach lining very quickly.

Rosemary
Thanks Rosemary I dont think I will risk it then. I cannot eat first thing in the morning but I had to get up at 7am and force some porridge down me so I could take the Ibruprohen
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:16 am
Happy in my bubble

No its not self inflicted I was at the hospital most of yesterday and Ive got Mastitis Ive got to go for a mamogram in 10 days because they may need to operate as they think there maybe a lump or a cyst there.

Thanks Rosemary I dont think I will risk it then. I cannot eat first thing in the morning but I had to get up at 7am and force some porridge down me so I could take the Ibruprohen
Sorry SD - my SIL had to have one a few months ago coz they found a lump - which turned out to be a cyst which they drained - BIG HUGS to you and take care xxxxx
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Sorry SD - my SIL had to have one a few months ago coz they found a lump - which turned out to be a cyst which they drained - BIG HUGS to you and take care xxxxx
I am thinking along the lines of a cyst that has burst and that has caused the infection. I am not worrying too much at this stage, but it is very painful thats why I was asking about the co-codamol.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Co-codamol contains paracetamol and I am pretty sure you cant take paracetamol and Ibuprophen together.

Look here, its about Tylenol I know but that's its trade name in the states.

http://www.drugs.com/pdr/tylenol-with-codeine.html
You most certainly can. Medical opinion has changed on this fairly recently. When my son had an earache a few weeks ago, the doctor prescribed this mix.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:21 am
Happy in my bubble

I am thinking along the lines of a cyst that has burst and that has caused the infection. I am not worrying too much at this stage, but it is very painful thats why I was asking about the co-codamol.
Hubby has arthritis in his shoulder and what i said earlier is what our doctor told him to do as one is pain relief and the other is anti-inflammatory - but check with yours first
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:25 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail
You most certainly can. Medical opinion has changed on this fairly recently. When my son had an earache a few weeks ago, the doctor prescribed this mix.
at those strengths?
Old Mar 15th 2008, 10:03 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

All I can tell you is that when I was in the states I was suffering with terrible tooth ache, and I also got a bad headache one day.

I was taking 1200 mm Ibupofren a day to quell the tooth ache until I got home, and I went to the Pharmacist who told me it was OK to take Paracetemol/Codeine tablets with the Ibuprofen. I did, and it did me no harm (allegedly)
Old Mar 15th 2008, 10:06 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
All I can tell you is that when I was in the states I was suffering with terrible tooth ache, and I also got a bad headache one day.

I was taking 1200 mm Ibupofren a day to quell the tooth ache until I got home, and I went to the Pharmacist who told me it was OK to take Paracetemol/Codeine tablets with the Ibuprofen. I did, and it did me no harm (allegedly)
Thank god the disclaimer was added!
Old Mar 15th 2008, 10:13 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Doctor in the UK some while back said it was OK also. Cos theres no paracetemol in Ibuprofen
Old Mar 15th 2008, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

Did the Ibuprophen upset you stomach?

I am also on antibiotics with Acido Clavulanico in them so I am expecting my stomach to feel like its being gripped by clamps in a couple of days Though they have given me Omeprazol to counteract it. I am still wary about taking co-codamol but really could do with taking some.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.