Reload this Page >

anyone in ibiza?

anyone in ibiza?

Old Sep 12th 2007, 9:48 am
Just Joined

adeibiza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anyone in ibiza?

Originally Posted by hellokittty
What happens to all the super-touristy areas like the west end in San An, and around playa d'en bossa? Is the whole place just boarded up and dead or do you still find a bit of activity there?

At the moment we can hear the bingo and pub quiz from the hotel next door every night, so that's one thing we won't miss when the season changes!

Nx
they end... nothing happens, ghost town etc

one tip: santa ines in the first week or so of february - its almond blossom time and half the island decends on the tiny village:

Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:49 am
Just Joined

nickclayton is an unknown quantity at this point

I completely agree with you about the almond blossom. And try and catch it by full moon as well. I've never seen a photograph that really captures how beautiful it is. By then there are also loads of wild flowers. That's one of the lovely things about living here is that the first flowers of spring start to appear before Christmas.

Also, although most tourist places close for the winter, there are little pockets of activity. For instance, some of the restaurants and bars by the marina in San An stay open. (I like to go for breakfast at Rita's Cantina sometimes.) Some restarants do great deals through the winter. Banyan Palace's buffets spring to mind. Keep an eye on the Ibiza Sun and Ibiza Now.

It's often warm enough through the winter to have picnics. You can get a beach to yourself and sometimes there's even the fixed tables and chairs at restaurants that you can use. It's also a good time to explore Dalt Vila in Ibiza Town when it's not too hot to climb the cobbled streets. I could go on, but I'm supposed to be working.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 11:05 am
Just Joined

the weather is such that most years on xmas day we have a bbq....
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

hellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant future

Rita's Cantina! We used to live right by there, although we moved apartments last week.

Sounds like a lovely chilled out atmosphere. A barbecue on the beach sounds like a great way to spend christmas day!

Do any of the towns put up Christmas decorations, lights, trees etc?
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

just a bit

christmas isnt celebrated the same way as in england - its much more understated - basically the 3 kings day is far more important - 5/6th january. all over the island you'll see amazing processions on the final night

about 9ish they'll be floats and bands and stuff and they throw out thousands of sweets to all the kids lining the street - this is just a very brief description
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 1:22 am
Just Joined

mason29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: anyone in ibiza?

Hi all,
I will be moving to Ibiza in jan early feb and was hoping for some advice of tips on meeting other english speaking people??
Ive been back and forwards for a few years but normally im with my spanish other half and his family and friends and although he tells me there is many english people living on the island i have yet to find any.
Any advice or just a friendly hello would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks alot,
Katie x
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 6:50 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mason29
Hi all,
I will be moving to Ibiza in jan early feb and was hoping for some advice of tips on meeting other english speaking people??
Ive been back and forwards for a few years but normally im with my spanish other half and his family and friends and although he tells me there is many english people living on the island i have yet to find any.
Any advice or just a friendly hello would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks alot,
Katie x
You may find it easier keeping all your questions in your other THREAD, you won`t have so many places to look then for answers. ;-)
Old Sep 10th 2008, 11:45 am
Just Joined

ylvapylva is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy just offered job in ibiza..need guidance

hello,

I'm a 25 year old female and I've just been offered an English teaching position at Academia Big Ben Ibiza school. Does anyone know of this school?? Is it safe for me to go there on my own if I don't know any spanish? Are there lots of English people living there? Sorry for all the questions but I'm very nervous about this! Hope to hear from someone soon :-)

Ylva