Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone got a Nissan Note

Anyone got a Nissan Note

Old Nov 6th 2010, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold
Default Anyone got a Nissan Note

hi, I am interested in a Nissan Note as they seem to sell q well in Spain, the 1.5 diesel Acenta spec.

Anyone got one or know anyone who has one? I've read all the reviews & want to know what they are like in real life. On segundamano.es there's a few at various prices so they can do big mileages.

Any advice appreciated, pm me if you prefer. If you looked at one but bought something else please tell me what!
Old Nov 6th 2010, 8:47 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone got a Nissan Note

I work 2 hours a day for a car rental company which has one in it´s (small) fleet and I´ve driven it quite a few times and enjoy driving it. Don´t ask me about the technical aspects but the clients whom rented it always have been happy with it.
Old Nov 7th 2010, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

I think you will find they are made by Renault which would put me off buying one. I'd buy a Focus.
Old Nov 7th 2010, 8:21 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petew
I think you will find they are made by Renault which would put me off buying one. I'd buy a Focus.
Not quite correct.
They are made in Nissan's UK factory in Sunderland. They use the floor pan, maybe the engine too of the Modus.
Nissan and Renault have had a technical tie-up for a number of years as Nissan brought into Renault.

For a review can you get better than JC?
Old Nov 7th 2010, 1:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Anyone got a Nissan Note

Originally Posted by petew
The engine is a 1.5l Renault chain cam diesel and at one time Renault made the most diesel engines per annum in Europe (VW Group may do more now) but they are very good engines it is the same one in the Micra 1.5 we have just bought and that is quite lively. Chain cams make the engine all but unburstable.

Build quality at the Sunderland factory is excellent.
Old Nov 7th 2010, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the replies. Most cars share engines & chassis with others, the Note has Micra switchgear, Renault engine, Modus floorpan.

Just fancied something different to a Focus, Golf etc. There's a few Notes about too which is good.

Thanks again for feedback.
Old Nov 7th 2010, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

My experience with a Modus decided me never to buy another Renault. If you feel the Note has managed to retain Nissan standards of reliability then buy one. Are the electrics Renault supplied? - because thats where my Modus fell down.