Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Is anyone feeling the pinch?

Is anyone feeling the pinch?

Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:09 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is anyone feeling the pinch?

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
That's OK, you fit in nicely, but I am a little worried that Mitzy is keeping so quiet.
He has probably gone for a lie down!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:12 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference
He has probably gone for a lie down!
Bless.

So are you feeling the pinch?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:13 am

Bless.

So are you feeling the pinch?

Only with my jeans being too tight

You?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:14 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Only with my jeans being too tight

You?
only if I do my flies up without due care and attention.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:19 am

only if I do my flies up without due care and attention.
Sounds like that would be more than a pinch..........more like agony
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:26 am
Straw Man.

Sounds like that would be more than a pinch..........more like agony
I think we are in trouble you know.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:29 am

I think we are in trouble you know.
Me too

But I blame you completely, because before I became a member I used to watch you hijack lots of threads..........now you have got me involved in your naughty ways
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:38 am
Straw Man.

Me too

But I blame you completely, because before I became a member I used to watch you hijack lots of threads..........now you have got me involved in your naughty ways
I resemble that accusation!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:42 am
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

i think you,ve pinched this thread!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by gazz
i think you,ve pinched this thread!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 1:37 pm
GCM
Forum Regular

GCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant future

The impact of this is HUGE.

It means for Brits looking to buy property, suddenly property prices are much much higher. Of course this will reduce sales and so many people I know are reliant on the property market.

Unless you are making your living in euros then every time you transfer your pounds you receive less and less.

The pound is according to most experts due to fall further. As pointed out this will have a major effect on pensioners.

Mark
Old Jan 29th 2008, 3:12 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GCM
The impact of this is HUGE.

It means for Brits looking to buy property, suddenly property prices are much much higher. Of course this will reduce sales and so many people I know are reliant on the property market.

Unless you are making your living in euros then every time you transfer your pounds you receive less and less.

The pound is according to most experts due to fall further. As pointed out this will have a major effect on pensioners.

Mark
The r/ex is actually getting better for people transferring to Spain from the UK, nit by much, but it is in an upward direction

Yours sincerely
Mr Optomist
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

hrothgar is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I think its fairly obvious that the OP has made a mistake and probably means €3000 a year
You're dead right - sorry I mislead you all, or, doing my calculations again it could be 300 euros a month.

Last edited by hrothgar; Jan 29th 2008 at 5:49 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Is anyone feeling the pinch?

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
The r/ex is actually getting better for people transferring to Spain from the UK, nit by much, but it is in an upward direction

Yours sincerely
Mr Optomist
I transferred €2500 today via MoneyCorp and got 1.3467 to the £ with no charges. Last November I got 1.42 from HiFX for a much larger amount but you win some you lose some!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

We are around 100 euros a month less on our state pensions which is a big drop when prices here are rising all of the time. I dare'nt look at the shares, all investments are in a downward spiral at the moment and it doesn't look set to improve.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.