Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Is anyone feeling the pinch?

Is anyone feeling the pinch?

Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

hrothgar is on a distinguished road
Default Is anyone feeling the pinch?

As I will be living on a UK pension when moving to Spain, I wondered if anyone in a similar situation over there has suffered due to the current exchange rates. I calculate that a drop from last year of about 1.40 euro to the £ down to the current 1.32 will mean about 3000 euros a month less in income!!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Is anyone feeling the pinch?

Originally Posted by hrothgar
As I will be living on a UK pension when moving to Spain, I wondered if anyone in a similar situation over there has suffered due to the current exchange rates. I calculate that a drop from last year of about 1.40 euro to the £ down to the current 1.32 will mean about 3000 euros a month less in income!!
You must be very rich indeed to have an income of £24,000 per month I would not miss the odd €3000 if I had about €36,000 a month coming in.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:53 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anyone feeling the pinch?

I started a thread on this in Siesta time, and got very little input. Not only pension r/ex implications, but investments on stocks / shares down also.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:55 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I started a thread on this in Siesta time, and got very little input. Not only pension r/ex implications, but investments on stocks / shares down also.
Except the excellent advice I offered.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:56 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

My wife! She won't let me pinch her anymore.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:58 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Except the excellent advice I offered.
Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbullseye!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point

That must be one hell of a pension you're on if a difference of 8 cents drop in the euro makes a 3000 euro defecit!!!
I don't know what a pension you're on but let's take a round figure of £1000 per month. At 1.40 euros per pound you would get 1400 euros, at 1.32 euros you would get 1320 euros a difference of 80 euros or am I missing something? apologies if I am
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:59 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbullseye!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:00 am

He is gonna get upset you know.
Nah, he`s a mod........mods are as hard as steel
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:01 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malagaman
That must be one hell of a pension you're on if a difference of 8 cents drop in the euro makes a 3000 euro defecit!!!
I don't know what a pension you're on but let's take a round figure of £1000 per month. At 1.40 euros per pound you would get 1400 euros, at 1.32 euros you would get 1320 euros a difference of 80 euros or am I missing something? apologies if I am
I think its fairly obvious that the OP has made a mistake and probably means €3000 a year
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:01 am
Straw Man.

Nah, he`s a mod........mods are as hard as steel
I think he is ignoring us.................he should know better than that, no one can ignore us!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:03 am

I think he is ignoring us.................he should know better than that, no one can ignore us!
Dont forget he is older than us, it may take him a while to think of a witty reply
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:04 am
Straw Man.

Dont forget he is older than us, it may take him a while to think of a witty reply
That's true.............and he looks suspiciously like the second guy on my Crimestoppers link!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:06 am

That's true.............and he looks suspiciously like the second guy on my Crimestoppers link!
I did notice the likeness ...........Oh dear Im a newbie, Im going to get into trouble I can see!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:08 am
Straw Man.

I did notice the likeness ...........Oh dear Im a newbie, Im going to get into trouble I can see!
That's OK, you fit in nicely, but I am a little worried that Mitzy is keeping so quiet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.