Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone else got any tv problems?

Anyone else got any tv problems?

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of
Default Anyone else got any tv problems?

My TV is playing up, not getting hardly any signal, but havent had any wind or bad weather so doubt whether my dish has moved at all, it's only free to air channels we get, via the astra satellite, thought i'd check whether its everyone or just mine before i cough up for an engineer to have a look.
ta
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 2:55 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone else got any tv problems?

just checked and i am getting no problems on any of my satelites..astra 28, badr 26, hotbird 13, astra 19, hispasat 30w,...

if you are a bit more specific with the details i may be able to help...dish size, location, it is all channels or just a selection, (C4 moved frequencies last month and wil normally only be available for the same time as BBC2, if this one of your problems channels), messages on the screen,
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of

I've got no idea of the dish size, but its all channels that have gone funny, they are there but cutting out and saying no signal or poor signal, normally what it does when the weathers been bad but weather been fine here, not been able to watch anything since yesterday afternoon. Its not a sky box its a visionnet digital satellite reciever if that makes any difference, last time this happened the dish had moved slightly in the high winds but i cant see how that could have happened yesterday.
Thanks satandpcguy!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:45 pm

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

if the dish has not moved, it could be the LNB at the end of the dish that has finally gone, and check you cable connectors....
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 4:36 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

We're losing channels a lot earlier than normal.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
We're losing channels a lot earlier than normal.
any examples...??
c4, film4, some itv regions - yes these have moved frequencies and reception will have changed.
the heat and humidy can also cause a problem - there is more "solar noise" in the air for the weaker satellite signals to get through...

i may be able to fit you in early next week if you want....?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 4:48 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Satandpcguy
any examples...??
c4, film4, some itv regions - yes these have moved frequencies and reception will have changed.
the heat and humidy can also cause a problem - there is more "solar noise" in the air for the weaker satellite signals to get through...

i may be able to fit you in early next week if you want....?
Im going to analyse whats happened first. We only noticed because some of the progs that we have recorded didn't last. I know we lost something on SKY prem, and we've had to go back to channel islands BBC1 now for later progs. i.e those starting at 9 pm
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:07 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cajam31
My TV is playing up, not getting hardly any signal, but havent had any wind or bad weather so doubt whether my dish has moved at all, it's only free to air channels we get, via the astra satellite, thought i'd check whether its everyone or just mine before i cough up for an engineer to have a look.
ta
have had similar intermittent problems this evening, but all seems ok at the moment
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Well, got nothing at all now, not a single channel, looks like i'm gonna have to call someone out after all.
thanks for the help though.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:17 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Well, got nothing at all now, not a single channel, looks like i'm gonna have to call someone out after all.
ours is fine today, so I think you may have to
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:20 pm

befofre you do you may like to have a look at the LNB - sometimes you can get "nasties" like spiders and wasps insifde the LNB, and when they rest in there they can reduce and block the signals.....
becaseful when looking in side - its not nice having a spider jumpout onto your face....believe me!!!
if there is something inside, prod it out, carefully, using something that it non metallic (a cable tie or drinking straw)
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Oh ok, time to sound like a girl.......whats the LNB, and is it with the dish coz thats on the roof and no way im going up there
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:59 pm

Oh ok, time to sound like a girl.......whats the LNB, and is it with the dish coz thats on the roof and no way im going up there
the LNB (low noise blocker) is the little "eye" that collects the signals that are bounced off the dish, and sends those signals down the cable, that is attached to the LNB, to the reciever.
as many people call it "it is the bit that sticks out in front of the dish"
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

oohhh ok thanks, im not getting up there, i'll let the man look!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:54 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

oohhh ok thanks, im not getting up there, i'll let the man look!
best plan