Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone else get nervous?

Anyone else get nervous?

Old Mar 31st 2007, 2:50 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone else get nervous?

Originally Posted by Keri2323
Im cool with that As long as Im in my shorts
Hi Keri,

It depends on what line of work you'll be pursuing
Old Mar 31st 2007, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Compost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really nice

Yes Keri, I identify very much with that feeling. However, as they say, it ain't a dress rehearsal, and your a long time dead.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 3:17 pm
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

Lol, I have a few options, I run my own sales business here in the UK and Im a singer, but I dont really mind what I do now

Im glad Im not the only one, i thought I was going to bottle it and stay in England, but now I know everyone has had the same feears, Spain here I come
Old Mar 31st 2007, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

mrs teapot will become famous soon enough

Keri, I wish you luck. If its your intuition then go for it.

I am only buying a holiday home (then will live permanently when Im older) and I am in the process and I find I'm gritting my teeth all the time, and having moments of panic and doubt (doubt is shortlived I have to say, but teeth gritting is almost permanent! ). So if I was in your shoes I would mulitply my panic by 80% and be how you are feeling.

I think its a natural reaction.

Your ex can always come and visit you in Spain and see if she wants to live there, anyway. Why does it have to be London?!!

Go with your instinct and go have fun!
Old Mar 31st 2007, 6:06 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

I am off on April 18th, I have bought my plane ticket, train ticket, clothes etc. everything I need but every now and then i get this "What the hell am I doing" feeling in my stomach, lol.

I guess it wouold just be easier to stay and do what Ive always done, but I know I must go. I'm going to improve myself mentally and physically and sometimes I cant do that with the negative people around me.

Trouble is also, I recently split with my girlfriend after 2 years and a wedding planned in June, and she has asked me to move to London instead and make a go of it, bt deep in my heart I dont think London will be any better.

Just wondered if you all had the pre move jitters
I have found in life if theres a major change and you dont do it you will always wonder

it better to die trying than to just die.

sorry im an ex soldier so i have a pretty basic way of looking at things break it down by the numbers give it a go you have nothing to lose.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

Once you've reached that day when you make up your mind having thought about it for a long time stick to that decision. Its your inner voice just ignore it if you know its the right decision for you and follow your heart. We all have days when we think what am I doing and if you have been waiting so long like us ue to house sale etc it is worse!

Good luck

Helen x
Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:27 pm
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

Guys, you are all awesome

I do feel something is telling me to go, somehow, I spent 4 months out in Lanzarote singing and its the most relaxed i have ever been in my life. That was 3 years ago but Im just that kind of person I think, I love the culture, the chilled way of looking at life, the constant influx of new people coming and going and the way you arent judged on what car you own or what clothes you wear.

I should have been a hippy, but alas, i was born too late.

Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:46 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Hope it all goes well for you We left our daughter in Spain in January, she couldn't wait to get over there and so we took her with us on our last visit and she stayed. She gets the SAD thing in the cold wet English winter and although there have been some wet and dull days she says it's nothing like here. She's glad she made the move but will be happier when she gets a permanent job, at the moment we are subbing her for her rent and food. She has her name down at a few bars/restaurants hoping for work when the season starts. She is also a singer but has never done it professionally, my dream is for her and her dad (a musician/singer) to get together - I can but dream
Old Apr 1st 2007, 11:40 pm
I have a member

Hehe Lionda, that would be a most beautiful thing. I can only imagine singing with my children on a stage (Considering I must have some children first!)

Bit of an update for you all (I hope you care and its not boring)

My girlfriend calls me out of the blue and says she doenst want to end it all just because i am moving and asks if we can make a go of it in Spain We are talking about the logistics of it at the moment but to be honest I would want nothing more, so she may be coming out with our car at the end of May and we are planning to stay for either the whole summer or if we love it, forever.

The other option is that we get in the car and drive across Europe and Asia etc. when the season dies down.

How it all changes eh?

Spain bound now, no matter what, and thanks so much for your guidance and help.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 6:02 am
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of

Lol, I have a few options, I run my own sales business here in the UK and Im a singer, but I dont really mind what I do now

Im glad Im not the only one, i thought I was going to bottle it and stay in England, but now I know everyone has had the same feears, Spain here I come

I always say "whats the worse that can happen" okay if you dont like it then just return to UK , it really is as simple as that......its not the end of the world
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:13 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Oh the joys of being young, footloose and fancy free

Have fun!