Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone else get nervous?

Anyone else get nervous?

Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:18 am
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice
Default Anyone else get nervous?

I am off on April 18th, I have bought my plane ticket, train ticket, clothes etc. everything I need but every now and then i get this "What the hell am I doing" feeling in my stomach, lol.

I guess it wouold just be easier to stay and do what Ive always done, but I know I must go. I'm going to improve myself mentally and physically and sometimes I cant do that with the negative people around me.

Trouble is also, I recently split with my girlfriend after 2 years and a wedding planned in June, and she has asked me to move to London instead and make a go of it, bt deep in my heart I dont think London will be any better.

Just wondered if you all had the pre move jitters
Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:24 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone else get nervous?

Originally Posted by Keri2323
I am off on April 18th, I have bought my plane ticket, train ticket, clothes etc. everything I need but every now and then i get this "What the hell am I doing" feeling in my stomach, lol.

I guess it wouold just be easier to stay and do what Ive always done, but I know I must go. I'm going to improve myself mentally and physically and sometimes I cant do that with the negative people around me.

Trouble is also, I recently split with my girlfriend after 2 years and a wedding planned in June, and she has asked me to move to London instead and make a go of it, bt deep in my heart I dont think London will be any better.

It is perfectly normal to have jitters about anything that will change your life so a move to Spain is going to give you bigger jitters. It is after all a REALLY huge life change not a minor one.

Think about why you broke up, why it would or would not work out if you get back together, why you planned to move to Spain, what it would be like if you decided not to. See what is the strongest emotion after all that and listen to it.

I have always encouraged my children to work out and write down the pro's and con's on any subject where the decision felt too scary and then to go with their gut feeling and they say that it works.

Good luck.

Rosemary
Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:25 am
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

Thanks rosemary, I will do that!
Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:35 am
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

I was terrified, for weeks before i was scared, driving to the airport my insides were going over and over, boarding the plane I flet sick. The plane took off it all disapeared,
Do as Rosemary said and write the pros and cons down.
But dont ever have the after thought IF ONLY.
This is not a rehursal it is the real thing
( the spell checkers not working sorry)
Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

IntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura about

No... too busy having fun to get nervous.

It's a big adventure, so nerves will heighten your awareness and allow you to experience it more vividly

The main thing is, whether you have ups or downs, treat them all as positive learning experiences, don't dwell on them, and just keep your eyes fixed firmly on the horizon
Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:41 am
I have a member

Hey dont worry about the spelling, you should see mine first thing in the morning, when the keyboard is a blur

Thanks for that, you know what, my ex actually said that to me, I shouldnt wonder 'what if' all my life, I should go to Spain and make a go of it, it was part of the reason we split, I feel there is so much to see and do in this world. Just because I was born in the UK, doesnt mean I have to stay here forever!

I also have SERIOUS issues with the weather, it really makes me feel low. I mean really low!

Thanks again x
Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

IntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura about

I also have SERIOUS issues with the weather, it really makes me feel low. I mean really low!
I know how that goes, and with just an hour's walk in winter sun you can feel the difference as the endorphins circulate.

I lived in Florida for 3 years and the difference in my personality and emotions over 'winter' was astounding. You're doing the right thing and after your first winter you'll wonder why you didn't move sooner
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:00 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Well I moved to spain in january, was very excited but once it was time to actually go I felt so sick... was excited but also thinking of everything that could go wrong. I moved out here on my own to live with somone I've never met before so was quite a big thing, was also the first time i've left the UK and lived without my parents.

At the airport had to have a beer to settle the nerves, once on the plane I needed to go the toilet like 10times because of the beer lol.

Once I got to spain it was very weird at the start, after a while it all was fine and just felt like UK... playa flamenca was like mini england and very easy to make friends there.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

maximous will become famous soon enough

we have just brought in spain and don't intend to move just yet, but knowing that one day in the very near future you are getting a one way ticket terrifies me to:curse: , we both have parents in there 70s/80s and even though its only two and a half hours away its not like popping around the corner, but we have put a lot of time money and thinking about t now, we can get on with just about anyone so i don't think we will encounter any probs, i am excited and scared too! but you don't live for ever
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:53 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I had butterflies in my stomach for weeks before and weeks afterwards. I remember thinking at the time that I was supposed to be enjoying the adventure but all I could do was worry. I ended up worrying about absolutely everything that happened, and also everything that I THOUGHT could happen.

I eventually had to give myself a good slapping to bring me to my senses. Its natural to get nervous, but what will be will be ...... don't make the same mistake I made, and try to enjoy the experience
Old Mar 31st 2007, 2:14 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I think everyone gets them, especially when you are sat on the plane as it taxis to the start of the runway, suddenly, you are on your way, no turning back.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 2:35 pm
I have a member

Im so glad I found this forum

I know I wont make millions in Spain but I just want to wake up in the sun, learn a new language, meet new people and be generally very chilled for the rest of my life, lol.

I hate that Monday morning feeling of 9-5 in the cold and rain. You ever get it where you are sitting there on say, a Tuesday night, and its raining and NOBODY is out having fun, they are all planning for work tomorrow? :curse:

Surely there is more to life than being rich?
Old Mar 31st 2007, 2:44 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Im so glad I found this forum

I know I wont make millions in Spain but I just want to wake up in the sun, learn a new language, meet new people and be generally very chilled for the rest of my life, lol.

I hate that Monday morning feeling of 9-5 in the cold and rain. You ever get it where you are sitting there on say, a Tuesday night, and its raining and NOBODY is out having fun, they are all planning for work tomorrow? :curse:

Surely there is more to life than being rich?
The difference here will be that on Tuesday night you will still be at work!!!
Old Mar 31st 2007, 2:47 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
The difference here will be that on Tuesday night you will still be at work!!!
....not forgetting Wednesday, Thursday, Friday AND (for some) Saturday mornings!
Old Mar 31st 2007, 2:48 pm
I have a member

Im cool with that As long as Im in my shorts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.