Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone doing anything for the coming of the reyes?

Anyone doing anything for the coming of the reyes?

Old Jan 5th 2010, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone doing anything for the coming of the reyes?

So today the spanish children will get their main christmas pressies at last.

Theres lots going on in our local town.

How about your area and do you bother with it at all?
Old Jan 5th 2010, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone doing anything for the coming of the reyes?

Originally Posted by paintermujer

I like to watch the cabalgata - in Jerez it's quite spectacular.

Apart from that it is all a bit of a chore - have to visit all the OH's family and do stuff with them all day.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 8:13 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paintermujer

Last night the kings were at a local church where the children could hand in their wish lists. Today there are processions and floats with the three (more like 33) kings where they hand out sweets etc.

Quite a good do here in town BUT I can't find out when it happens
Old Jan 5th 2010, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

i am rather lucky in that the three kings go past my front door.last year my oh and myself stood at the door waving and laughing and dodging the hard-boiled sweets they threw at us. so this year i am going to have my own sack of sweets and see how they like it!!!!!!
apart from that,the look on the childrens faces when they are trailing the sleds picking up the sweets is priceless. enjoy.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Going into Benidorm to watch the procession - have been told it is really good!
Old Jan 5th 2010, 12:15 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

We always have a sit down lunch party on the 6th for about 40 people.

We've done it every year for the last 10 years.

Never had time to go to the processions on the 5th - too busy cooking!

It's frantic in the kitchen at the moment
Old Jan 5th 2010, 12:18 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Small gathering tonight with friends and watch the parade in Madrid on tv.

We are giving gifts also and still have the trimmings up, also its been snowing the last few hours, so outside is really pretty.

Feels like Christmas still in this house, were all really happy and mellowing out.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fred James
We always have a sit down lunch party on the 6th for about 40 people.

We've done it every year for the last 10 years.

Never had time to go to the processions on the 5th - too busy cooking!

It's frantic in the kitchen at the moment
So what are you doing playing on the computer???
Get back in there and help out!
Old Jan 5th 2010, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

well they have been and nice it was too. got loads of sweets thrown through the front door. the kids following the kings did all right too. one thing,not very many people knew what time the kings were going to parade. sometime between five and seven was mentioned.
if i am still here next year,am going to get a big bag of marshmellows to throw back.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone doing anything for the coming of the reyes?-100_0744.jpg   Anyone doing anything for the coming of the reyes?-100_0746.jpg   Anyone doing anything for the coming of the reyes?-100_0755.jpg  
Old Jan 5th 2010, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Just got in from the Benidorm procession - absolutely wonderful - the three kings were on camels and when they reached the stage the navity scene was made up of real people. The fire works were as usual brilliant - a wonderful experience that we will never ever forget
Old Jan 5th 2010, 9:15 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Veleta
So what are you doing playing on the computer???
Get back in there and help out!
What do you mean - help out?

I am the one doing all the cooking!

I fitted in the computer in between cooking 4 quiches!
Old Jan 5th 2010, 9:33 pm
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm confused? When I looked it up on the internet I thought it all happened on the 6th?? Does that mean we've missed out on all the action while I've been ill with a stomach bug all day??
Old Jan 5th 2010, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Aussie30
I'm confused? When I looked it up on the internet I thought it all happened on the 6th?? Does that mean we've missed out on all the action while I've been ill with a stomach bug all day??
Unfortunately yes. The cabalgata (parade) is on the 5th in the evening. On the sixth is when all the kiddies open their presents, but it is very much an indoorsy day, much like the 25th for us.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone doing anything for the coming of the reyes?-smallt.jpg   Anyone doing anything for the coming of the reyes?-small2.jpg   Anyone doing anything for the coming of the reyes?-small3j.jpg  
Old Jan 5th 2010, 10:08 pm
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Veleta
Unfortunately yes. The cabalgata (parade) is on the 5th in the evening. On the sixth is when all the kiddies open their presents, but it is very much an indoorsy day, much like the 25th for us.
How annoying! Oh well, I guess we'll never get the chance of seeing that again for quite some time!! I'm going to at least buy us one of the traditional ring cakes to try tomorrow so we feel like we're joining in a little.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aussie30
How annoying! Oh well, I guess we'll never get the chance of seeing that again for quite some time!! I'm going to at least buy us one of the traditional ring cakes to try tomorrow so we feel like we're joining in a little.
But tomorrow is a holiday.......!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.