Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Any fridge engineers here?

Any fridge engineers here?

Old Jul 31st 2009, 4:38 pm
Costa Blanca lover

BlueChip is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any fridge engineers here?

I've got a Zanussi ZPC726D fridge freezer and the door hinges have pins which sit in a sort of small plastic socket on the main frame. The plastic sockets on my fridge/freezer have become brittle and broken and the door is now loose and not a good fit
I've swapped the sockets over from the other side of the door, but these are going too.
These are probably only a few cents each but our local Zanussi agent tells me they arent available and I have to buy two complete new doors for several hundred euros. I find this difficult to believe.
Probably these are generic parts common to many Zanussi's, on the diagram from the fridge manual they are called 'pivots'
If anyone can help I'd be grateful
Old Jul 31st 2009, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any fridge engineers here?

I spoke to a new member on here today - 1debbie2.

Her husband does this.
They are in Torrox, near Malaga.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 1:58 pm
Costa Blanca lover

BlueChip is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paintermujer
I spoke to a new member on here today - 1debbie2.

Her husband does this.
They are in Torrox, near Malaga.
Thanks for that information. I did write to her last week, but I didnt get a reply.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 8:59 am
Just Joined

1debbie2 has a brilliant future1debbie2 has a brilliant future1debbie2 has a brilliant future1debbie2 has a brilliant future1debbie2 has a brilliant future1debbie2 has a brilliant future1debbie2 has a brilliant future

sent you a pm