Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Any Brit expats on Ibiza looking for a friendly 7 a side football match on astro turf

Any Brit expats on Ibiza looking for a friendly 7 a side football match on astro turf

Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Location: Hopefully, near to some 7 a side astro turf football, beers, a beach, sex and soul music
GoodBloke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Brit expats on Ibiza looking for a friendly 7 a side football match on astro turf

Anyone know of any Brit expats on Ibiza looking for a friendly 7 a side football match on astro turf at all ? (We've had many years of losing half our knees on asphalt/concrete surfaces in previous lives, so don't need to experience it again ! ! ! !)

We're a bunch of mates of all ages and all skill levels, who play every week, we don't play in any leagues, but would definitely give any team a good, friendly, competitive game of football.

Depending on total costs involved, we're looking at playing on Saturday the 25th of October this year, probably get to Ibiza in the afternoon on the Friday 24th, and leaving Sunday 26th afternoon.

At this stage, we're just at the initial stages, ie, looking at ways and costs of getting there from mainland Spain (Alicante), details and costs of accommodation etc. (Anyone have any ideas on any of this ?)

On top of our usual weekly games on astro turf, we also play against teams visiting from the UK to the Costa Blanca, on average, over the last 7 years, we've played about 4-5 games a year against 7 a side teams from the UK, so would be nice for us to play away for once

If anyone has any info that could help with any of the above, please let us know.

Any help appreciated.

GB

Last edited by GoodBloke; Apr 4th 2008 at 7:29 am.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Location: Hopefully, near to some 7 a side astro turf football, beers, a beach, sex and soul music
Default Re: Any Brit expats on Ibiza looking for a friendly 7 a side football match on astro

Anyone ?
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:38 am
Just Joined

suzis minion is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any Brit expats on Ibiza looking for a friendly 7 a side football match on astro

Bon Dia, com va.

I'm in Cala de bou. What happened to the weather???????

I havent got a clue about soccer........wrong shaped ball for me I'm afraid.

However if your looking for a game try coming to Port des Torrent tomorrow. The Flaidh starts with the first tourists of the season, so Calle des Calo with be full of football shirts. I suppose it beats the pensioners from Barcelona!!!

Have you thought about putting an article in the 'Ibiza Sun'. Hope you get sorted out.

Philip
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:48 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzis minion
I havent got a clue about soccer........wrong shaped ball for me I'm afraid.

Philip
I'm liking you!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Have you thought about putting an article in the 'Ibiza Sun'. Hope you get sorted out.
Philip
Brill idea Philip, I'm only in the early stages of research at the moment and can only do it for a few minutes every so often, in between work and family, but have found the website for that paper and will see if I can get something going in that direction.

Anyone know where I can get a list of all of the astro turf pitches in Ibiza ?

GB
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:04 am
Just Joined

suzis minion is on a distinguished road

I think theres 2 in san an, and 1 in san jose, by the school. I know the san jose one is used quite regularly by different parties...........not just the school.

I would try the local ajuntamiento's as a first port of call. I think there is normally a charge of a couple of € per person.

For the one in san an try speaking to Juanjo Planells at the hostal florencio.

Hope it helps

philip
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:41 am
Just Joined

I think theres 2 in san an, and 1 in san jose, by the school. I know the san jose one is used quite regularly by different parties...........not just the school.

I would try the local ajuntamiento's as a first port of call. I think there is normally a charge of a couple of € per person.

For the one in san an try speaking to Juanjo Planells at the hostal florencio.

Hope it helps

philip
Will try that - does anyone have any contact numbers for any of the people in charge of the astro turf football pitches please ?

Just to confirm, unless anyone knows differently, there's 3 astro turf football pitches in Ibiza - is that right ? Anyone know the address's / or general locations for them please ?

Getting a 404 on theibizasun.com ? ?

Last edited by jdr; Apr 17th 2008 at 10:42 am.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 10:43 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GoodBloke
Will try that - does anyone have any contact numbers for any of the people in charge of the astro turf football pitches please ?

Just to confirm, unless anyone knows differently, there's 3 astro turf football pitches in Ibiza - is that right ? Anyone know the address's / or general locations for them please ?

Getting a 404 on theibizasun.com ? ?
Worked ok for me.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:50 am
Just Joined

Thanks, yep, works ok for me as well now - just had to adjust some browser security settings.

How does that paper compare to the other English language newspapers in Ibiza in terms of how many people actually read it please ?