Anti Virus!

Old May 7th 2008, 6:50 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Anti Virus!

My Bit Defender anti virus runs out in 3 days. Should I renew it (it has been ok) or should I go for another anti virus?

I have only one problem........my tower wont take discs. If I put a disc in then it shuts the screen down completely, so it will have to be something I can download if that is possible.

Thanks
Old May 7th 2008, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anti Virus!

Originally Posted by Same Difference
My Bit Defender anti virus runs out in 3 days. Should I renew it (it has been ok) or should I go for another anti virus?

I have only one problem........my tower wont take discs. If I put a disc in then it shuts the screen down completely, so it will have to be something I can download if that is possible.

Thanks
And so begins another debate about Anti Virus progs!!
I suggest the easiest, quickest and cheapest option is to download AVG free when the other one runs out.
Then get someone to sort the pc out!
Old May 7th 2008, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by valenciatim
And so begins another debate about Anti Virus progs!!
I suggest the easiest, quickest and cheapest option is to download AVG free when the other one runs out.
Then get someone to sort the pc out!
But AVG is crap, is it not?
Old May 7th 2008, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

But AVG is crap, is it not?
Why? .......................... The debate begins!
Old May 7th 2008, 6:56 am

Why? .......................... The debate begins!
Thats what I have been told!
Old May 7th 2008, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Thats what I have been told!
There are loads of AV progs out there, some are much better than others, some are dire. I did say that it was probably the easiest, quickest and cheapest option! It also doesn't slow the pc down too much.
Old May 7th 2008, 7:02 am

There are loads of AV progs out there, some are much better than others, some are dire. I did say that it was probably the easiest, quickest and cheapest option! It also doesn't slow the pc down too much.
So can you recommend one?
Old May 7th 2008, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

So can you recommend one?
Thought I did! others will say different!
Old May 7th 2008, 7:06 am

Thought I did! others will say different!
Sorry I was having a blonde moment
Old May 7th 2008, 7:12 am
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly.....lets's evaluate AVG!

That says it all! But in your case SD, just download the POS, uninstall ButtDefender, install AVG, and then bring the system to me when you come up.

Same goes for anybody else.....if you want your systems sorted when you're here just bring them with you!
Old May 7th 2008, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Told ya!!!
AVG will keep it covered, then get Pete to have a look at it
Old May 7th 2008, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by XTreme
Firstly.....lets's evaluate AVG!

http://www.dragonrojo.es/vir.jpg

That says it all! But in your case SD, just download the POS, uninstall ButtDefender, install AVG, and then bring the system to me when you come up.

Same goes for anybody else.....if you want your systems sorted when you're here just bring them with you!
Thanks Pete..........will do!

Told ya!!!
AVG will keep it covered, then get Pete to have a look at it
Old May 7th 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Don't let Pete near your machine - when he's sorted it you'll have to kickstart it and sit astride it while you're on-line.

It might you take crap photos every 35 mins aswell.
Old May 7th 2008, 6:57 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Don't let Pete near your machine - when he's sorted it you'll have to kickstart it and sit astride it while you're on-line.

It might you take crap photos every 35 mins aswell.
or he would end up dressing it up as a donkey and try to shag it!
Old May 7th 2008, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

buenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to all

AVG has worked perfectly for us for the last goodness knows how long whereas Norton/Symantec totally screwed stuff up, particularly our digital camera software and Zone Alarm was completely off the wall. Good Luck as this is a minefield at the best of times!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.