Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anti Allergy bedding

Anti Allergy bedding

Old May 10th 2011, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

celestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nice
Default Anti Allergy bedding

Good morning, I need to purchase anti allergy bedding for my daughter but am finding that the cost for delivery from the UK is more than the cost of the items and the cost of the products here in Spain is even more...40 euros per pillow!! Does anyone have an idea where I can find the required items without needing a second mortgage? She has a dust mite allergy. Thanks.
Old May 10th 2011, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Tolly has a spectacular aura aboutTolly has a spectacular aura aboutTolly has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anti Allergy bedding

i think from memory we bought ours from Carrefour and then a second lot from La Canada nr Marbella (was a few years ago now)
Old May 11th 2011, 8:26 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Celestine, the best option for you is a foam mattress / pillow such as Tempur or the like. Dust mites have a problem with them As with any mattress they require a regular vacuum, and if you want to be doubly sure you can buy anti dust mite covers.

You can also have them sprayed with an anti dust mite formula spray from time to time.

(I used to own a Safeclean Franchise for a few years, and it was a problem we had to address many times)

The mattresses are available in Spain at most bedding shops, and the pillows are often sculptured making them better to fit your neck
Old May 11th 2011, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by celestine
Good morning, I need to purchase anti allergy bedding for my daughter but am finding that the cost for delivery from the UK is more than the cost of the items and the cost of the products here in Spain is even more...40 euros per pillow!! Does anyone have an idea where I can find the required items without needing a second mortgage? She has a dust mite allergy. Thanks.
I am allergic to dustmites but find the most effective course is just to change pillows regularly. Always have a washable cover on the mattress. (be careful what washing powder you use)I use a large cotton bedcover underneath my bottom sheet. and, of course vacuum the bed regularly. If you're new to Spain you might find the allergy clears up as there are no carpets to harbour the little blighters!
Noticed you've been a member for some time so prob teaching Grandma to suck eggs!;-)