Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Another Ryanair Question....

Another Ryanair Question....

Old May 10th 2007, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice
Question Another Ryanair Question....

I am just about to book a ryanair flight to murcia and am not sure of their baggage allowance, it,s not clear, to me anyway, on the web page, what it is.. Now it says 15 kilos and then mentions charges does anyone know if the charges are for the 15 kilos or above 15 kilos.. the flights are £100 cheaper than any others. Thanks
Old May 10th 2007, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Another Ryanair Question....

Originally Posted by jeanc
I am just about to book a ryanair flight to murcia and am not sure of their baggage allowance, it,s not clear, to me anyway, on the web page, what it is.. Now it says 15 kilos and then mentions charges does anyone know if the charges are for the 15 kilos or above 15 kilos.. the flights are £100 cheaper than any others. Thanks
Please Note: That the total Checked Baggage Allowance per person is 15kg irrespective of the number of items of baggage purchased per person. There is no baggage allowance for infants, although a pram/buggy will be carried free of charge.
Any passenger checking in baggage exceeding the 15kg checked baggage allowance per person will be charged an excess baggage fee currently at a rate of £5.50/€8 per kilo (or local currency equivalent).
Old May 10th 2007, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by derek500
Please Note: That the total Checked Baggage Allowance per person is 15kg irrespective of the number of items of baggage purchased per person. There is no baggage allowance for infants, although a pram/buggy will be carried free of charge.
Any passenger checking in baggage exceeding the 15kg checked baggage allowance per person will be charged an excess baggage fee currently at a rate of £5.50/€8 per kilo (or local currency equivalent).
god that was quick and very professional do you work for them? seriously have you used them and are they ok? i always feel a bit panicy when i'm using an airline for the 1st time.
Old May 10th 2007, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

god that was quick and very professional do you work for them? seriously have you used them and are they ok? i always feel a bit panicy when i'm using an airline for the 1st time.
I used them last October. No problems. Just watch what card you use when you book, because I think they charge a supplement for some.
Old May 10th 2007, 7:22 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

See my Ryanairphobia thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446660
Old May 11th 2007, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

@ jeanc I have used them loads of times as they always come out the cheapest, and never had a problem
Old May 11th 2007, 9:11 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

15 kilos per person, you can't have one with 20 kilo and one with 10 and hope they will even it out, they won't. Your 'hand luggage', ONE piece only, and a hand bag is counted as hand luggage for all you ladies.. has a limit of 10 Kilos each, so can be used to take up excess, Ladies if you have to have a hand bag + your carry on, put the handbag inside the carry on bag, than when through check in you can take it out again. I think you are charged 7 Euros for each kilo, or part kilo, over the 15 kilo weight.
Old May 11th 2007, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikelincs
15 kilos per person, you can't have one with 20 kilo and one with 10 and hope they will even it out, they won't. Your 'hand luggage', ONE piece only, and a hand bag is counted as hand luggage for all you ladies.. has a limit of 10 Kilos each, so can be used to take up excess, Ladies if you have to have a hand bag + your carry on, put the handbag inside the carry on bag, than when through check in you can take it out again. I think you are charged 7 Euros for each kilo, or part kilo, over the 15 kilo weight.
booked the flight last night was £10.00 extra per person per 15 kilos of checked in baggage then extra if you go over. still £60.00 cheaper than the others so that'll pay car hire. You are only not charged if you carry it all on but youy can't take shampoo ect on the plane so you gotta check something in
Old May 11th 2007, 8:42 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

booked the flight last night was £10.00 extra per person per 15 kilos of checked in baggage then extra if you go over. still £60.00 cheaper than the others so that'll pay car hire. You are only not charged if you carry it all on but youy can't take shampoo ect on the plane so you gotta check something in
I know you may think this is a myth, but they sell shampoo in Spain.lol
You must be like most people though, take a new bottle of everything when you travel. ;-)
Old May 11th 2007, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdr
You must be like most people though, take a new bottle of everything when you travel. ;-)
have to wash my hair every day can't help it! when i get my house sorted won't have to take this stuff with me cos i can buy it there and leave it life will be much easier
Old May 12th 2007, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I travel 3 or 4 times a year on Ryanair and have never had to put my handbag in my carry on luggage! I even asked once sarcastically if they wanted me to adhere to their policy and the girl just laughed and said no.
Old May 12th 2007, 10:51 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

I thought the 15kg was only allowed on one piece of luggage per person. If you had two pieces of luggage, then even if one was only 12 and the other
3,you would be asked to pay a baggage fee for the second item.
It sometime s depends on who is on the check in desk. At Christmas we got away with about 8 kilos of overweight but got stung on the way back. We have also managed to get on a flight despite being twenty minutes late for check in. The flight was 15 mins late as well. More flexibility at the smaller airports I think.
Old May 12th 2007, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

It is confusing as Easyjet and Ryanair have different policies - Ryan Air will allow upto 15KG of checked in luggage (you have to pay for this of course) and upto 10KG hand luggage in 1 bag per passenger and as has been mentioned these allowances can not be spread across a group.

Easyjet do not have a weight limit on hand luggage as long as it fits in the overhead locker and you can lift it - its OK with them.

The problem with the hand luggage only route is the DfT's rules on liquids in aircraft - which i theory is now EU wide. - Info as follows:-
  • All liquids must be in individual containers not greater than 100ml capacity
  • All containers must be placed in one transparent re-sealable transparent bag, no larger than 20cm x 20cm 8" x 8" in size.
  • The containers must fit comfortably inside the bag so it can be fastened closed.
  • Only one bag per passenger is allowed.
  • The bag must be clear and re-sealable, such as ‘ziplock’ bags or bags with pressable seals.
  • Larger bags or bags that are non-sealable, such as fold-over sandwich bags are not allowed.
  • Each passenger must remove their clear plastic bag from their hand baggage and place it in on the conveyor belt for X-ray screening.
  • Liquids in containers of more than 100ml capacity can be packed in your checked in baggage.

So please, pretty please, check all that stuff in as I for one have spent too much time waiting behind groups of morons who want to argue that a 2Litre bottle of coke or whatever is somehow exempt from the above rules and that delaying the 200 people behind them is their right.
Old May 12th 2007, 1:33 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
is there a link or some proof!?
Old May 12th 2007, 3:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
is there a link or some proof!?
I dont bother with it meself much, not a lot of hair, so here are some Mercadona recipies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.