Amazon

Old Jun 19th 2013, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Amazon

Not sure if this has been mentioned but as of 11 June Amazon no longer offer free super saver delivery for orders over £25.00 to Spain. You now have to pay for all deliveries.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 5:47 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazon

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. This will make me think twice about the size of my orders. Do you have any idea whether there is a standard amount to pay or will it be governed by the number of items?

Rosemary
Old Jun 19th 2013, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. This will make me think twice about the size of my orders. Do you have any idea whether there is a standard amount to pay or will it be governed by the number of items?

Rosemary
I was just about to order about £150 of grocery and other items and before postage it added up to £160. Postage came to £40. I spoke to Amazon about this postage charge and they informed me it was due to "expansion".
Old Jun 19th 2013, 6:03 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Probably trying to get us to order from Amazon.es. My orders are normally for books and the Spanish site just does not have the ones that I want. I think that they will soon find that they lose out on orders.

Rosemary
Old Jun 19th 2013, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

You are lucky they deliver at all

When I try to order all I get is " Not available to your country"

Occaisionally when it is a good deal or something I cannot find elswhere I have it directed to friends in Spain.

Now waiting for a very small order promised for the 15th and no sign yet.

Pathetic service that I try to avoid as much as possible.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 6:18 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Probably trying to get us to order from Amazon.es. My orders are normally for books and the Spanish site just does not have the ones that I want. I think that they will soon find that they lose out on orders.

Rosemary
Lots of the things I order from Amazon.co.uk are shipped directly from their one of their French or German warehouses most of their stock is in France and Germany and a warehouse near Milton Keynes the computer then just decides the most cost effective location to ship it from but the postage system bills at a flat rate Amazon skim a tidy profit off the postage.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

This is the information from the Amazon website about International Delivery:

Which European countries are currently eligible for FREE Super Saver Delivery?

FREE Super Saver Delivery on eligible orders over £25 is currently available to Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Gibraltar, Iceland, Republic of Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal and Sweden.

FREE Super Saver Delivery to Italy, Spain, Andorra, Greece, Liechtenstein, Norway, San Marino and the Vatican City on eligible orders over £25 was available on orders placed up to and including June 11, 2013 (GMT).
Old Jun 19th 2013, 7:52 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

It's hardly surprising that they have stopped it. When it was introduced some time ago there was no such thing as Amazon Spain.

They continued the deal while Amazon. es built up the range of products they offer. Initially it was only books and CDs.

Now that they have expanded the range of products available it was inevitable that they would stop the free postage. They have done the same for all countries that have their own site - that is why Portugal still has free delivery as they don't have their own site.

Even then, some products are still cheaper on the UK site even allowing for postage.

They are now charging a flat rate per item and an extra charge per KG on heavy orders. At least they still allow you to buy from the UK. Try buying a product from Apple or Dell from their UK site for delivery outside the UK - no way!

Amazon Spain charge €2.99 per order but if you subscribe to their Premium service (€14.99 pa) you get free delivery on any order and usually next day delivery.

Some items on the Spanish site are more than the UK site but some are cheaper. You just need to check carefully.

To Fredbargate, there is always that problem on the UK site as a very large percentage of their products are sold via third party suppliers who do not have to stick to the Amazon.uk delivery rules. They can charge for delivery or choose not to deliver to Spain.

It is essential to check on the product details who exactly supplies the goods. If it is Amazon or "Fulfilled by Amazon" it usually ships to Spain OK. If it is any other company you only find out at the checkout when it tells you that you have a problem with your order.

Last edited by Fred James; Jun 19th 2013 at 7:55 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Fred
My experience is that the items that they will / do not deliver to Gib will almost always be available for delivery to Spain.

Battlezone
They can offer on their site free delivery to Gib for items valued over £25 with very little cost to Amazon because invariably they dont deliver them here.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I've just been on to the Amazon site and reordered the item I am still waiting for, ordered 3/6 so I could print off the message saying it could not be delivered to Gib.

Low and behold today it would let me order delivered to Gib, Wierd

However on checking on another item I collected from Spain yesterday here is the message

This item cannot be shipped to the address you selected. (Learn more.) You may either change the shipping address or remove the item by clicking Delete.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Well that is a blow. I have ordered a lot of items for delivery here to Spain including a breadmaker and a kettle. It will be a trip to Mediamarkt instead now as Amazon.es is pretty useless.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 3:17 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Well that is a blow. I have ordered a lot of items for delivery here to Spain including a breadmaker and a kettle. It will be a trip to Mediamarkt instead now as Amazon.es is pretty useless.
Have you actually looked at the Spanish site recently?

They have 45 breadmakers and 51 electric kettles.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Not when I bought them Fred. Plus the super saver delivery was a strong selling point. Delivery within a couple of days too.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 4:21 pm

They have added a lot of products to the Spanish site which is why they now feel that the time has come to remove the free delivery option. When they first offered it about the only things you could buy on the Spanish site were books and CD/DVDs.

As I said earlier, postage is only €2.99 and an annual premium membership gives free, usually next day delivery on any sized order - even a €1 item.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Fred James
They have added a lot of products to the Spanish site which is why they now feel that the time has come to remove the free delivery option. When they first offered it about the only things you could buy on the Spanish site were books and CD/DVDs.

As I said earlier, postage is only €2.99 and an annual premium membership gives free, usually next day delivery on any sized order - even a €1 item.
But they do not post to Gibraltar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.