Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

For all you Welsh expats

For all you Welsh expats

Old Mar 18th 2013, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of
Default Re: For all you Welsh expats

Old Mar 18th 2013, 3:05 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Porth
This has added enormously to the dialogue. Dick you are so interesting
Dick always does this when people are enjoying Rugby threads - I guess trying to spoil a thread that he's not interested in makes him feel important and in control.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

lmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud of

Well just to add my humble comments. We watched the game in our local pub. There were about 90 that had booked tables and had a great time. Steak meals all round, fantastic atmosphere. In all about 110 at the pub. Out of that about 12 English including my future son in law who is half English, and was brave/proud enough to wear an English shirt.
What a day and what a result. I even won the sweep with the score spot on!
Some people had put England down to win! lol.
Everyone said the welcome and atmosphere was fantastic. I have never heard the crowd so noisy. It must have been quite an experience to be a player walking onto that pitch. At last Wales played for 80 minutes and were better than the opposition in all aspects of play. I am glad we scored 2 tries, and the fact that there were no tries against us speaks volumes.
Hope all had a good time. I was also pleased Italy won again as it makes the 6 Nations even more interesting. What on earth has happened to the French??
Regards
Old Mar 18th 2013, 4:38 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Presumably that was somewhere in Wales?
Old Mar 18th 2013, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

lmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jimenato
Presumably that was somewhere in Wales?
Well of course!
Old Mar 18th 2013, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Just watching BBC Wales news, talking about the rugby of course, 16 named as almost certs for the Lion's Tour, and the captain to come from any one of three named. I think the rest can stay home, we'll leave it all to Wales!
Old Mar 18th 2013, 7:33 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Just watching BBC Wales news, talking about the rugby of course, 16 named as almost certs for the Lion's Tour, and the captain to come from any one of three named. I think the rest can stay home, we'll leave it all to Wales!
I'll put money on that being the death of yet another Lions tour.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

cymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura about

England RFU trophy cabinet listed for sale as 'hardly used' on auction website

FOR SALE

England RFU Trophy Cabinet - Hardly Used

For Sale: One large Trophy Cabinet.

We purchased this trophy cabinet about ten years ago, after winning the 2003 Rugby World Cup Kicking Championship.

We bought a large cabinet as we anticipated more use from it in the future, but as it turns out we only needed to open twice since 2003: Once in 2011 - when we stored the Six Nations Championship Trophy in it (on behalf of the WRU, while they were having a major trophy cleaning session, which I am told can be quite time consuming) and finally in 2012 - when we took the trophy out again to return it to its rightful owners.

The cabinet has since been replaced with a much smaller cabinet, which is more suited to infrequent use.

As you can see from the photograph this is a large cabinet and I believe you could display quite a large number of trophies in it, though I can't say we've had much opportunity to do so.

It is in very good condition overall, though the hinges may need lubrication as they are showing signs of rust and, to be honest, there is a considerable build up of dust inside, but I'm sure this will clean up nicely and regular use would prevent any future dust problems.

We are selling this to buy some much needed rugby tackle bags and any money left over from the sale will be put towards chariot repair - as the wheels recently fell off ours :O(

This would be a wise investment for an organisation such as the WRU, who are finding their existing trophy cabinet is getting too full.

Buyer collects from Twickenham Stadium.

NOTE: Due to the size and weight of this cabinet you will need to bring a couple of strong lads with you to lift it into your van as we tried to get our forwards to lift it earlier, but they kept going backwards with it.

Please direct all questions about this item to Rob Andrew or Stuart Lancaster at the above address.

P.S. Will throw in a large, unopened tin of trophy polish too.

Source: http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/sh...rdly-used.html
Old Mar 19th 2013, 9:24 am
FreeThinker

Just to show we English can take it on the chin...

BREAKING NEWS: South Wales Police have asked for witness’s to come forward regarding a brutal crime against 15 English men on a recent visit to Cardiff who were robbed of a Grand Slam they had come to collect and also had their chariot badly vandalised during the visit to the Welsh capital?

... Apparently this heinous crime was carried out by a gang of 15 Welsh guys dressed in bright red shirts in broad daylight in front of 75,439 people who gathered around the gang attack and just stood there cheering, clapping and singing hymns and arias as if they were encouraging the gang.

A police spokesmen for the South Wales force said this “This sort of attack is just sickening……..One of the victims was a young lad called Owen Farrell who was on his first trip to Wales and has been traumatised by the whole shocking experience and to make matters even worse his father was forced to watch the entire crime from start to finish and could not lift a finger to protect his son from the sickening and relentless battering meted out by the conspicuously dressed red shirted gang”.

The police spokesman continued, “We are following a number of leads and believe this crimson shirted gang may be linked to a similar attack in Twickenham a year ago”...........
Old Mar 19th 2013, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I'll put money on that being the death of yet another Lions tour.
Bit later on Gareth Edwards was telling us the whole team should go. Not sure, but he's probably including all the subs as well in that, so perhaps we should send 20. As some lush said interviewed after the game, "we can beat any team in the world", so why not? Wales haven't beaten NZ for nearly 60 years, they'd better take Mr Walsh with them if they fancy turning them over.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Bit later on Gareth Edwards was telling us the whole team should go. Not sure, but he's probably including all the subs as well in that, so perhaps we should send 20. As some lush said interviewed after the game, "we can beat any team in the world", so why not? Wales haven't beaten NZ for nearly 60 years, they'd better take Mr Walsh with them if they fancy turning them over.

I tend to agree with Matt, but it will be difficult to leave out the dominant Welsh players. Outside half will go to Sexton, O'Driscoll will be picked too. Not sure if he on top form though. Rory Best also should be in. If he has recovered from the shoulder injury I would put Ryan Jones in as captain.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lmj50
I tend to agree with Matt, but it will be difficult to leave out the dominant Welsh players.
I agree, and of course we'd expect a large contingent of Welsh players, but I imagine say Ireland wouldn't be best pleased after having beaten Wales to see the whole Welsh team named and two or three Irish players. Even Brian Moore's proposed starting XV contains only one Englishman, after they finished with the same number of wins and points as Wales.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rug...?frame=2507165
Old Mar 19th 2013, 5:46 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lmj50
I tend to agree with Matt, but it will be difficult to leave out the dominant Welsh players. Outside half will go to Sexton, O'Driscoll will be picked too. Not sure if he on top form though. Rory Best also should be in. If he has recovered from the shoulder injury I would put Ryan Jones in as captain.
What amazes me is the call to make Alun Wyn Jones captain, the guy is in pieces! Its amazing just to get him to the end of a game without falling apart! Ability aside, he just isn't a sure bet for lasting the whole tour! Same applies for B.O'D, I very much doubt he will even accept a call up. For me Tipuric is a definite, one of the stars of this tournament, both Welsh props are a must, Ross ford and the Welsh hooker to go, Richie Grey, maybe Big Jim.... North and that other lump of a Welsh wing are a must... the list is a tough one!

Oh and to the numbnutts who posted a picture of an empty trophy chest, check the stats... England are still higher in the rankings than our little province, still have a better win average, still own a World Cup winners trophy and a runners up...
Old Mar 19th 2013, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

cymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: For all you Welsh expats

Originally Posted by rugbymatt

Oh and to the numbnutts who posted a picture of an empty trophy chest, check the stats... England are still higher in the rankings than our little province, still have a better win average, still own a World Cup winners trophy and a runners up...

That wasn't really the English Teams trophy cabinet you know? it was only a joke (I thought the van with the L plate outside the window would have given the game away as all England's rugby players have passed their test)!

Regards

Numbnutts

P.s. I am fully aware of all rugby stats thank you and that England are .36 of a point above Wales!
P.p.s. when you refer to "our little province" do you mean the Principality of Wales?
Old Mar 19th 2013, 7:10 pm
Straw Man.

I agree, and of course we'd expect a large contingent of Welsh players, but I imagine say Ireland wouldn't be best pleased after having beaten Wales to see the whole Welsh team named and two or three Irish players. Even Brian Moore's proposed starting XV contains only one Englishman, after they finished with the same number of wins and points as Wales.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rug...?frame=2507165
Brian Moore is an absolute arse! His hatred for England during his commentary is absolutely baffling, and to be honest, to hear the likes of him complain about players being dirty and fighting is an absolute joke! Brian Moore? Giving lectures about player behavior!? Unreal!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.