Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

All pensioners please please read.

All pensioners please please read.

Old Jul 8th 2008, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

johnreynolds is on a distinguished road
Default All pensioners please please read.

Hi all

please read, and if you agree add your name by following the link below, you may have to copy and paste it to your address bar. then pass it on to all in your address book, let us tell the gove IMPORTANTrnment what skint flints they are to all those that have contributed all their working lives for a pittance compared to less wealthy countries throughout Europe. THANK YOU.

The UKs Basic Pension is 17% of the National Average Wage. Most European pensioners receive a Basic Pension of at least 60% of their countries Average wage. Only Estonia (33%),Ireland (31%),Holland (30%)and the UK(17%) pays a Basic Pension of under 40% of its Average Wage.

A Political consensus was reached by the EU Nations at the Laeken Summit 2001. that each Member State would attempt to attain a Basic Pension of 40% of its Average Wage by 2007 and then work towards 60%. The UK provides the worst Basic Pension by far. In fact , taking the Pension as a percentage of each countries Average Wage you will note that Pensioners in Greece, Luxembourg, Spain and Italy receive over 5 times our basic pension. Those in Portugal, Malta , Hungary and France receive over 4 times as much and those in Poland ,Czech Republic ,Latvia ,Finland and Sweden receive 3 times as much. Slovakia ,Cyprus ,Denmark, Germany ,Lithuania and Belgium receive over double ,whist finally Estonia Ireland and Holland have almost twice our basic pension.[/B]

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/pensionpo...cd8cf0e.001e1c

John
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:27 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All pensioners please please read.

Just demonstrates that the scum who rule us rate us as worthless in our old age.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:34 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnreynolds
Hi all

please read, and if you agree add your name by following the link below, you may have to copy and paste it to your address bar. then pass it on to all in your address book, let us tell the gove IMPORTANTrnment what skint flints they are to all those that have contributed all their working lives for a pittance compared to less wealthy countries throughout Europe. THANK YOU.

The UKs Basic Pension is 17% of the National Average Wage. Most European pensioners receive a Basic Pension of at least 60% of their countries Average wage. Only Estonia (33%),Ireland (31%),Holland (30%)and the UK(17%) pays a Basic Pension of under 40% of its Average Wage.

A Political consensus was reached by the EU Nations at the Laeken Summit 2001. that each Member State would attempt to attain a Basic Pension of 40% of its Average Wage by 2007 and then work towards 60%. The UK provides the worst Basic Pension by far. In fact , taking the Pension as a percentage of each countries Average Wage you will note that Pensioners in Greece, Luxembourg, Spain and Italy receive over 5 times our basic pension. Those in Portugal, Malta , Hungary and France receive over 4 times as much and those in Poland ,Czech Republic ,Latvia ,Finland and Sweden receive 3 times as much. Slovakia ,Cyprus ,Denmark, Germany ,Lithuania and Belgium receive over double ,whist finally Estonia Ireland and Holland have almost twice our basic pension.[/B]

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/pensionpo...cd8cf0e.001e1c

John
sounds like the current pension generation didn't pay enough in to the system and now want more out of it - do you want current UK workers to fund the difference by paying more tax?
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:45 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

At least politicians have ensured that none of them will go short.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 5:11 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
sounds like the current pension generation didn't pay enough in to the system and now want more out of it - do you want current UK workers to fund the difference by paying more tax?
Enough was paid in for everything, it was just badly managed.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute

Don't expect to get much of a state pension in the future.

Don't expect property to pay my pension.

What other options are there?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:19 am
Just Joined

johnreynolds is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
If the government had been a PLC they would have gone bump many years ago, additionally consider this, if those that scam the system (and there are thousands that do even some that move to Spain) more would be available to all of us that have paid into the system all our working lives. We are not asking for anymore than we are entitled too, a FAIR PENSION.

You do not have to be a pensioner to sign the petition, only sign it if you feel you can. Thanks

John
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:23 am
bil
Banned

You can always judge any political system by how they treat the weak and the powerless, e.g. pensioners.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:28 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you know that Danes do not even have to keep paying into their national state pension scheme in order to receive a full national state pension on "retirement" even if they had worked overseas for most of their lives.

I cannot even get a full UK state pension but then 5% of bugger all is not much to live on.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:38 am
bil
Banned

Once you are old, government feels it owes you nothing.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:43 am
Account Closed

(a) in my book 60 or 65 is not old. Note http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7494731.stm for example.
(b) the UK government doesnt seem to do much for anybody let alone the "more senior" of us.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:46 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by El Capitan
(a) in my book 60 or 65 is not old. Note http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7494731.stm for example.
(b) the UK government doesnt seem to do much for anybody let alone the "more senior" of us.
That of course applies to all parties.

(btw, the older I get, the less 'old' older seems.) I guess that if I get to be 80 I will be saying '85 isn't really old, is it?'
Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bil
I guess that if I get to be 80 I will be saying '85 isn't really old, is it?'
Aye well after recently losing my Dad at 92 and Mum at 97, I recall my Mum's Mum at 98 refered to "these young whippershappers who just cant play whist" who came to the residential home at a mere 88 yrs old. There were some rumours that she even had a toy boy of a mere 90 yrs when she was 97. Regrettably she had had enough at 99 and gave up.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

Not only is the UK state pension poor in relation to other countries, Gordon Brown completely screwed up private companies final salary pension schemes by changing the tax rules. His actions made these schemes so expensive to run that many companies have now scrapped them for new entrants. New employees now have to choose between the state earnings related scheme or a company 'money purchase' scheme dependant on the whims of the stock market.

No wonder some people don't bother at all and think that property will be their 'pension'. Some of them could also come unstuck pretty badly when they are older. Perhaps I'll just opt for a shoebox under the bed

Rose
Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rambling Rose
Perhaps I'll just opt for a shoebox under the bed

Rose
That is what my late mother-in-law did. Which meant somebody going through all old boxes of photos, all old books, literally everything in every cupboard to find wads of cash stashed everywhere. I think the search continues even some months later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.