Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Alicante - village called Villafranqueza

Alicante - village called Villafranqueza

Old Jun 1st 2016, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

Trasnadonnta is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Alicante - village called Villafranqueza

I am thinking of renting in a village called Villafranqueza, suburbs north of Alicante (6 months).

Does anyone know this area, and if so, could they please tell me if it is a nice place and if it has good transport links to public services such as supermarkets, access to the city etc.

Any response would be much appreciated.
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 7:05 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alicante - village called Villafranqueza

I would describe Villarfanqueza as a large suburb near Alicante city rather than a village. What is the name of the street?

Transport links are good, supermarkets are plentiful in and around Alicante but of course like any area - how good would depend on your precise location.
Old Jun 4th 2016, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Dear Missile,

Many thanks! I'm now looking at other areas too and really appreciated your response for this one.
Old Jun 4th 2016, 2:48 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

No worries. I guess you will be dependent on public transport? I would suggest for a.n.other properties in your search, ask the agent / vendor to confirm how far to nearest bus route and how frequent the service. You can then verify this with the bus company.
Old Jun 4th 2016, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Missile, you guessed right! Verifying with the bus companies is sound advice & I'll follow it! I had asked the agency the same question and got a vague response about the general area, which prompted me to check for tram stops on Google Earth. The nearest one to the place I enquired about was quite some distance away - not great with a bag of shopping under a blazing sun! Thank you again.
Old Jun 4th 2016, 4:19 pm
Started off with nothing

Yes, Estate Agents can be ............... "economical with the truth". Good luck with your search.
Old Jun 5th 2016, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Yes indeed ... I'm learning fast! Thanks Missile. Mind yourself on that bike!